Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #61
mfsav2
mfsav2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry to bother folks but I have a new PW2 with 5.4.3.2

I trieds to install jailbreak and MMK as I want to add the Kindle Collection but something is not working as when I open the plugin I get a message that the "device not registered under Developer" or something similar.

Can you help me?

When I do the update I get an error 007 and then it reboots.

I use the:Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin
mfsav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #62
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mfsav2: As mentioned, double posting is evil.

Error U007 usually means that your device isn't jailbroken.

And of course, if a hard dependency fails, don't expect what depends on that to work, ever, so of course launching a Kindlet fails .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-01-2014 at 05:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #63
mfsav2
mfsav2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry NiLuJe,
I was not sure where the issue was... that's why I posted on both threads.

So the root issue is in the jailbreak

Thank you!
mfsav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #64
Brynwall
Enthusiast
Brynwall began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I figured it out. For some reason my PW lost the root. Not sure why, but when I re-rooted it everything worked correctly.
Brynwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynwall View Post
I figured it out. For some reason my PW lost the root. Not sure why, but when I re-rooted it everything worked correctly.
"lost the root" ??
Do you mean that this MKK was disabled?

- - - -

Firmware updates and registration/de-registration can be expected to disable MKK.
In either case, it will have to be re-installed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 01:09 AM   #66
Brynwall
Enthusiast
Brynwall began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
It looks like it downloaded and installed the latest update from Kindle thus removing my jailbreak. When I re-jailbroke it the problem was fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
"lost the root" ??
Do you mean that this MKK was disabled?

- - - -

Firmware updates and registration/de-registration can be expected to disable MKK.
In either case, it will have to be re-installed.
Brynwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #67
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Brynwall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FAQs:

Q. Halp! Everything is broken, and my device shows me weird popups when I try to launch a Kindlet!

A. You either fell victim to a silent OTA update, or you unregistered your device since the last time you tried to launch a Kindlet.
The fix is simple: reinstall MKK.
(In the case of an OTA update on a K5 device, the damage might be greater, see the JB FAQ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FAQs:

Q. My hacks suddenly failed to work properly, how come? (aka. What happens if I get an OTA update?)

A. Since FW 5.3.x, official updates (OTA or not, actually) are complete updates, overwriting the complete main system. This has the side effect of breaking a lot of custom hacks. For instance, you'll have to reinstall MKK for sure, along with most full hacks that touch the system, whereas simple KUAL extensions should survive the process .
On a sidenote, FW updates are usually a game of cat and mouse, so do make sure you check the forums to see if the hacks you care about will actually *work* on a new FW version before updating .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-06-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #68
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe:
Sorry, I can't think of anything useful to add. Your post seems to cover it all.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #69
Emyiss
Emyiss began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Okay, I have a Kindle PW2, serial number starting with 9017. It was successfully jailbroken (came up with '***jailbreak***') and let MKK be installed (went through all the update page, said successful, restarted after, no errors).

My problem is when I try to launch KUAL or Collections Manger, both give an error message of

The selected application could not be started. Please try again.

Unsure what I've done wrong.

I got MKK and KUAL from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

(The first two xz's in KUAL & KUAL extensions).

And Collections Manager from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

thanks.

Last edited by Emyiss; 07-25-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Emyiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Emyiss: That's a known upstream issue. FW 5.4.5 fixed it.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #71
Emyiss

Thanks, that fixed it.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #72
Emyiss

Heh, while it fixed the problem for KUAL, Collections Manager isn't supported. Damn, even a downgrade back to 5.4.2 is giving the same original error. Guess I'm screwed until updates come out for 5.4.5.

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #73
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emyiss View Post
Heh, while it fixed the problem for KUAL, Collections Manager isn't supported. Damn, even a downgrade back to 5.4.2 is giving the same original error. Guess I'm screwed until updates come out for 5.4.5.

Thanks anyway.
After either a downgrade or an upgrade - you must re-install any of the add-ons that might have been removed by the process (like MKK).
Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #74
Emyiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
After either a downgrade or an upgrade - you must re-install any of the add-ons that might have been removed by the process (like MKK).
I did. Upgrading to 5.4.5 with kindle collections gave the error 'not supported on this firmware', downgrading and reinstalling MKK, then removing/readding collections gives the same 'selected application' error, like when I was on 5.4.3.2 (what my Kindle came with).

So far have tried 5.4.4, 5.4.4.1, 5.4.4.2, 5.4.2.1, 5.4.2, all to the same result.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #75
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emyiss View Post
I did. Upgrading to 5.4.5 with kindle collections gave the error 'not supported on this firmware', downgrading and reinstalling MKK, then removing/readding collections gives the same 'selected application' error, like when I was on 5.4.3.2 (what my Kindle came with).

So far have tried 5.4.4, 5.4.4.1, 5.4.4.2, 5.4.2.1, 5.4.2, all to the same result.
Read the "Requirements for PW2" section of the first post of the Collections Manger thread (and use a CM from NiLuJe's snapshots if you need to).

Take note of the limited functionality.

If you get different results than what is described, then post about what you find in that thread.

Tags
kindlet, mkk