Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
jorm
jorm began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre limit how many pages to convert

Summary
Looking for a way to limit the number of pages calibre's ebook converter converts since I want to use it for scanning for the isbn number.

Detailed

I am trying to write an isbn extractor for my books so I can update the meta data based on it. I prefer not to use the filename since that will not result in a 1-1 match. Since I plan on trying to do a lookup based on the isbn with google books to get the meta data I want a 1-1 hit.

i have written something in C# so far that works for pdf, txt and epubs natively and will convert the first 10 pages or until it has found the isbn number. And that is all working fine. However I would like to expand this to do mobi and lit.

I was planning on trying to use calibre's ebook converter since it can handle almost any format. I was trying to find out if anyone has a suggestion on how to modify the py to only convert x pages. I don't want to convert the entire book since that will make the process of tagging my collection take 20-50 times longer.

Once completed I was going to open source the code so people can tag their own collections.
jorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorm View Post
Summary
Looking for a way to limit the number of pages calibre's ebook converter converts since I want to use it for scanning for the isbn number.

Detailed

I am trying to write an isbn extractor for my books so I can update the meta data based on it. I prefer not to use the filename since that will not result in a 1-1 match. Since I plan on trying to do a lookup based on the isbn with google books to get the meta data I want a 1-1 hit.

i have written something in C# so far that works for pdf, txt and epubs natively and will convert the first 10 pages or until it has found the isbn number. And that is all working fine. However I would like to expand this to do mobi and lit.

I was planning on trying to use calibre's ebook converter since it can handle almost any format. I was trying to find out if anyone has a suggestion on how to modify the py to only convert x pages. I don't want to convert the entire book since that will make the process of tagging my collection take 20-50 times longer.

Once completed I was going to open source the code so people can tag their own collections.
I think this plugin functionality already exists https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert