Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Suggestion for User Manual

I was looking for help with hierarchical searches and found a thread that pointed me to a section of the user manual. When looking through that page and some other user manual sections, I had a moment of enlightenment about one reason I've always found the manual somewhat frustrating: the lack of detail in the TOC.

I think it could be really helpful, for both beginners and more experienced users alike, to add to the TOC (specifically, to the list of Sections at the bottom of the main TOC page) the list of sub-contents that appear at the top of many of the main section pages, especially those like Tutorials, Customizing Calibre, and possibly FAQ whose sub-contents are extremely important but not self evident from the names. A huge amount of what I'm looking for is generally hidden inside "Tutorials" and "Customizing," but those titles alone don't tell me nearly enough about all the important info contained in those sections.

I'm a relatively long-time user of Calibre and reasonably experienced, and I've read through the user manual and been referred to it often. Yet I still tend not to go there first when looking for help, and I think one big reason for this is that it's not easy to tell whether the information I am seeking is in there. This might be a relatively easy (I think?) way to make it more accessible and to make some of the more complex but still important things a little easier to find.
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Done, thanks
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
That looks *great* - exactly what I had in mind, even better in fact! That is so helpful, thank you!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote