Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Updated iLiad Specs

Just thought I would drop in and mention that the iRex specs (PDF) has been updated, and has some new info:

http://www.irextechnologies.com/down...flet-Iliad.pdf

New formats, travel hub now included, 128 MB free flash memory,

Last edited by sammykrupa; 06-05-2006 at 04:23 PM.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Interesting...

Thats almost 100MB less than previously quoted...(Previously it said 224 diddn't it?)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Azania
Azania began at the beginning.

Device: Palm E2; Nokia 770
And MMC rather than SD...
Azania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wasn't it MMC / SD ?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:38 AM   #5
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
i have saved the old pdf- file
- DATE: September 2005 (i have donloaded the file on May,24 2006! from irex)
the new on is dated March 2006 ?
----------------------
very crasy ..
1. (old one): The Product can work with USB stick, CF and SD memory Card
(new one) : The Product can work with USB Stick, CF and MM Card.

2. (old ) : Connection to PC/laptop via USB-cavle or integrated WIFI
(new) : Connection to PC/Laptop via USB-Cable

3. (old) : The touch Screen facility and stylus makes text input (writing comments on text and scribbling) and easy navigation possible as part of a very natural user interface
(new) : the touch screen facillity an stylus makes text input an easy navigation possivle as part of a very natural user interface.

4. (old) Content Formats : PDF / XHTML / TXT / MP3 other formats wie be supported in the near future
(new) : PDF / XHTML / TXT / APABI / OEB* / MP3* / Optional Customization to support customer specific content format
* Will become on line available in coming months via IDS

4. Interfaces
(old) : SD/MMC
(new) : MMC

5. System Specification
(old) 224MB free internal Flasch memory / Cradle and travel charger available
(new) 128 MB free internal Flash menory / Travel hub included, connection to wired lan, power adaper an pc user usb

i think this is a new device - and not the field-test device. What is about the touch screen facility ?

andreas
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I think its the same device.

For the SD/MMC problem: I guess the manufacturer messed up and put the wrong reader in. That is a bit bad, because MMC is quite rubish these days.
WiFi: They never intended another WiFi connection than through iDS
Touchscreen: Hmm, i thought you can only use the touch screen with the stylus pen. Am i wrong?
Formats: Just updates on available readers.
Interfaces: as mentioned above
System Specs: I guess the new OS and readers take up more memory than expected. So they updated the free memory available
But its a good thing, the travel hub is included now.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:04 AM   #7
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
1. could be licensing issues
2. could be power saving or manufacturing cost
3. sounds like unfinished software
4. updates (direct OeB sounds cool)
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #8
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Actually the SD foundation that controls the specifications and takes care of licensing does not provide any license to systems running on anything else but windows mobile. Or at least are very closed systems.

However, some SD cards work fine in the MMC slot. It is just that all the SDIO cards won't ever be working in it.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
This has happened before!
Those are the specs of the chinese iliad.
Last time the old specs reappeared after a few days.
Im writing this with my cell so please be kind if i make many mistakes...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #10
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Could be, isnt the abapi Reader a chinese product (and only chinese)?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #11
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I don't know about you guys but I'm seriously considering to buy a Sony Reader.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
Riocaz

Not until someone cracks it so I can use other formats properly.