Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
HarryPottersWand
HarryPottersWand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Problem with custom screensaver hack

I have a black Kindle non touch. I have successfully jailbroken the device using the guide on mobileread's wiki and right now I'm trying to get custom screensavers to work using this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004. I have both the Python package and the kindle-ss-0.33.N.zip part installed, or at least I think so. The proper folders are created in my root folder of the kindle during the update process along with a Python folder. I have put a couple of 600x800 png/jpg images in the screensavers folder inside linkss and have made a reboot empty file to reboot after i disconnect the Kindle from USB. Once the Kindle starts back up, I try to put it to sleep, but the screensavers that I have put on there still do not appear. Am I missing some steps?
HarryPottersWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
That depends. If you have the Special Offers Kindle, then the hack is not going to get rid of Special Offers.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert