Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #226
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Firmware 5.2.387 for PocketBook Touch Lux 2 (PB626) broke all of this so beloved image viewing (my cbr reading) app. Darn.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #227
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Kolbo5 pointed out that the problem was that libjpeg and libtiff have been upgraded in the new firmware version, so applications that link to the old library versions won't load. I've built a version of pbimageviewer.app that has the necessary libjpeg and libtiff functions statically linked (so the old shared library versions aren't required), and Kolbo5 has successfully tested it on his device. I've added it to the list of attachments in the first post; it's the zip file with "fwv5" in the name (for FirmWare Version 5).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 03:08 AM   #228
Kolbo5
Kolbo5 doesn't litterKolbo5 doesn't litter

Device: PB 650 (Ultra)
I can now read cbz on my Ultra!

Thank you again for the "Firmware V5" version of pbimageviewer rkomar!
Kolbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #229
Kiga
Kiga began at the beginning.

Device: nonz
Thank you so much, this is truly awesome. Now I am even more pressed to buy an Inkpad.
One Improvement I can suggest is to be able to cut the image in two part automatically and manually in case the program fail. That would be helpful to read mangas scanned by double-page like this.
Another would be to automatically turn the image when there is a double-page (in a manga scanned one page by one) like this as the image dimensions is different.
Thanks again for this great software!
Kiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #230
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the good suggestions. As far as splitting the pages into two separate pages goes, I think that would be too difficult to do reliably. What I do on my 902 (with the D-pad buttons) is to put the program into FitHeight mode, and then use the left/right D-pad buttons to show one side and then the next. Unfortunately, new devices don't have a D-pad, so maybe I can change the Next/Prev buttons to do that in that situation. I'll play with it on my 623 to see how it works that way. One problem I can think of is that some manga has the first page on the right and the second page on the left. That means the pages will appear in the wrong order if you use FitHeight zoom mode. I'll have to think of something to fix that.

Auto-rotating the image based on its aspect ratio is not a bad idea for devices without a G-sensor. I'll think about adding that feature, as well.
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #231
Kiga
Kiga began at the beginning.

Device: nonz
Cool!
I though it would be easy to split into two different page as there is already a detector for panels, but anyway your method is better as the screen has pretty much the same dimensions as a page.
I'd be happy to have those features on my Inkpad one day, good luck.

Last edited by Kiga; 11-27-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Kiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #232
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Somebody know how is manga on Inkpad?
When you change the page, how long is it?
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #233
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
It takes a few seconds to load a new image and analyze it if necessary. The time depends on the size of the image. However, the images that you would get to using the Next/Prev buttons are preloaded in the background while you are reading the current page, so that when you eventually press the button, the page change is relatively quick.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #234
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
It's really fast for me even with larger images. It usually takes less than a second. I would definitely recommend this reader for manga reading (...with rkomar's pbimageviewer app).
BTW, if you decide to purchase this reader, do NOT upgrade to firmware v5. Even this particular app works with v5 (worse than it used to - for example change of status bar position from bottom to top broke full screen view), the other 3rd party apps don't, it doesn't really fix anything and at least I saw more issues with the new firmware version than the old one (which I will explain a bit later).
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #235
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

@rkomar
You can see here how fullscreen mode looks like in firmware version 5. Would be nice if you could fix it.

Last edited by hakim; 11-30-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #236
rkomar
Wizard

The link doesn't work for me. I get Error 403.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #237
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The link doesn't work for me. I get Error 403.
Sorry about that. This one should work.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #238
rkomar
Wizard

That is very strange, and I don't know off the top of my head how that would happen. Would you enable logging to a file, and let me have a copy of it? Perhaps there's a hint in there that would explain how the image is being displayed like that. When the toolbar is enabled, do you see the page map being properly shown? (the page map is the little icon that shows what part of the page is being displayed on the screen)
Old 11-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #239
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
That is very strange, and I don't know off the top of my head how that would happen. Would you enable logging to a file, and let me have a copy of it? Perhaps there's a hint in there that would explain how the image is being displayed like that. When the toolbar is enabled, do you see the page map being properly shown? (the page map is the little icon that shows what part of the page is being displayed on the screen)
I'll try to play with logging tomorrow.
I don't see any page map icon when I have the status bar enabled. It just shows the whole page the way it should be displayed.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #240
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim View Post
I'll try to play with logging tomorrow.
I don't see any page map icon when I have the status bar enabled. It just shows the whole page the way it should be displayed.
At the left side of the status bar is a little rectangle that shows what part of the page is being displayed. It's completely black when the whole page is being shown. If you zoom in, you should see the part being displayed as a black rectangle inside a grey background. Anyway, I'll PM you with a version of the program to test. Maybe this can be fixed, although I don't have a lot of hope for it.

Last edited by rkomar; 11-30-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Don't know my left from my right