Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
dontrot
dontrot began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
"A Year in Provence"

I have been trying to find a kindle version of "A Year in Provence" by Peter Mayle because it is the next book I want to read aloud to my wife. Amazon is limited to an audible version. Any suggestions?
dontrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Wait for it to come out on ebook?

Or see if it is available as an EPub and take a look at Apprentice Alf's website.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
durp durp durp

Last edited by stickybuns; 05-06-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Please PM me

Moderator Notice
Offering to give someone a pirated copy of a book will result in an immediate ban from MobileRead. Do NOT do so again.

Last edited by HarryT; 05-08-2011 at 05:55 AM.
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontrot View Post
I have been trying to find a kindle version of "A Year in Provence" by Peter Mayle because it is the next book I want to read aloud to my wife. Amazon is limited to an audible version. Any suggestions?
here is a screen shot from calibre 8 of a search for your book.
--
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screeenshot.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	70999  
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Calibre tells us that the least expensive copy appears to be on Kobe, in ePub format. So buy that, strip the DRM, and convert it and transfer to your Kindle.

(And yes, it really is just that easy, though we can't give you details on the DRM part of the process because of forum rules.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Great book.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote