Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2022, 06:57 PM   #1
Parriss
Parriss began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung A-280
Question How to place a kobo plus book into calibre or adobe digital editions

Running windows 11.

Just joined Kobo Plus the books are located in my books on the desktop app.

Would like to manage the books in the calibre library or adobe digital editions.

Tried direct transfer not possible because books appear to be in a string format. no .keup/.epup suffix following

How to place books in either management system.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Parriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parriss View Post
Running windows 11.

Just joined Kobo Plus the books are located in my books on the desktop app.

Would like to manage the books in the calibre library or adobe digital editions.

Tried direct transfer not possible because books appear to be in a string format. no .keup/.epup suffix following

How to place books in either management system.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
You can try downloading them in the Kobo app and then using Obok to transfer them to calibre but note that some Kobo Plus ebooks will not download and others will download and transfer but the DRM will not be removed.

That's about the limit of my assistance since I consider Kobo Plus books, much like Kindle Unlimited and library books, to be loans and not books that I own so removing DRM, etc. not something that I really support.

One reason for my stance is much like Kindle Unlimited, if you do not read the original downloaded or synced copy on a Kobo device or app, the author will not be paid.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
adobe digital editions, calibre, kobo plus