Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
jeffreymoss
Bard
jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPad
Looking for a writing pen pal

Until the last few years, I was involved in a number of writers groups. We would get together once a month, review each others' works, and just share information with each other. As time has gone on, there is a lot about those groups I do not miss. It's hard to explain, and I don't want to get too far off the point, but I found them to discourage me to write more than to encourage me.

One exception though is that in each group I would find myself developing a relationship with one of the members who I felt closely aligned with in some way. These people were great to associate with outside of the group, and I found them to be much more inspirational and thought provoking than the group itself. Time and circumstance has pulled me apart from these people however, and I find myself a solitary writer.

In many ways that's a good thing. But I'd still like to find someone who I can converse with over e-mail about writing. I'm looking for a situation where ideas can be tested, news can be shared, and to find someone who I can root for and who will root for me. I'm not looking for an editor, and I'm not looking to share my work or vice versa. I'm just looking for a writing pen pal.

If you are interested, please let me know. I'm only looking for one or two people to network with. I have a hard time responding to my e-mails in general, but I want to make this relationship a priority. So it would be difficult to maintain any more than one contact.

Here's a little info about myself:

* I am a self-published author on Smashwords
* I have written a fantasy triology, but also like to write sci-fi, action/adventure, and general literature.
* I'm 37 and have a background in business and currently work in the healthcare industry, although my writing and my work are completely separate things.
* To get a better sense of who I am, check out my website at jlmoss.info.

Send me a private message if you are interested. As long as your interests intersect with mine at a few points, then we'd probably be a good fit. Male or female does not matter, nor does the age. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

note: I hope this is an appropriate post for this forum. I believe it's fine, given other posts I have read, but if I am incorrect, please let me know.
jeffreymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The post is fine; this forum is for all things to do with writing. At least, now that the book advertising has been moved out.

You said you're looking for just one or two people, but have you considered a mailing list with several like-minded people? I've found that when I'm in one-on-one correspondence about writing, I tend to let my end slack. If I'm not producing much at the moment, I feel ... well, sort of ashamed to admit it, and then reluctant to catch up on all the back emails. But if the emails are being sent among three or four friends, I can sulk quietly in the corner until I get over whatever's interfering with my writing, and not feel like I've unjustly left someone hanging.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
jeffreymoss
Bard
jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jeffreymoss can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's an interesting point about a small mailing list. I guess I'll just have to wait and see who shows interest and then go from there.
jeffreymoss is offline   Reply With Quote