Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Can't sync over wifi, "Something went wrong..."

I have a Kobo Glo HD and an H2O rev-2. Both will connect to my wifi network, but both give the same error when trying to update/sync. I assume this is some problem connecting to Kobo's servers, but I can't figure out why. No other devices have ever had trouble with this wifi access point (Linksys running DD-WRT).

Ideas?
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Also the Kobo desktop application can connect no problem.

It'll sync to Pocket, and connect to the Kobo store, but firmware checks/downloads fail. This is especially annoying on the Glo since the USB data connection, and I'm trying to see if it's usable using only Wifi.

Last edited by stewacide; 10-11-2017 at 04:51 PM.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you restarted the devices? Most times in the past that I have seen that, a restart solves it. The other times it was an issue in my ADSL connection or router and needed to restart that. But, I haven't seen that for a long time as I no longer use ADSL and have replaced the router.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote