Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
KT Reading Life will not sync

Hi!

Tonight I decided to update my reader, hoping to sync the Reading Life so my awards and stats are recorded.

However, it will not sync past "Updating Reading Life", either on the reader wifi sync or the desktop sync. It just sits there until I cancel the sync or turn off the wifi. I have 2 new awards and 44 books read, but I can't get it to update to the "cloud".

I updated to .17 firmware after trying to eject the reader. Any solutions?
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
VirgoGirl
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

UPDATE:

I synced it again this morning, and now it's working, both through desktop and Wifi. I tried to see if the Reading Life on my Ipad app updated to the same number of read books, but it seems that the read books on the KT are no longer being synced with the Ipad app. My reader now says 46 read (one from the Ipad plus my reader), the Ipad app says 11.
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If some of the books are sideloaded, that might be your issue. Data from sideloaded books stay with the device, from what I have been told.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
VirgoGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If some of the books are sideloaded, that might be your issue. Data from sideloaded books stay with the device, from what I have been told.
Then that's a change from last September when I got the Ipad and the Kobo app. At that point it showed all my reads, which were sideloaded books.

Thanks!