Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
Haloman800
Haloman800 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Nook Touch - Android Tether?

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a Nook Touch.. I had a Kindle 3 but it broke.. Anyhow I have an Android phone with tethering, on the Kindle it wouldn't support this WiFi tether, Does anyone know if the Nook supports Wifi Tethering?
Haloman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman800 View Post
Hey, I'm thinking about getting a Nook Touch.. I had a Kindle 3 but it broke.. Anyhow I have an Android phone with tethering, on the Kindle it wouldn't support this WiFi tether, Does anyone know if the Nook supports Wifi Tethering?
If your phone can work as a Wifi access point this will work.
But as that would also have worked with the Kindle your probably talking about an ad-hoc Wifi connection. That will not work.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I read that if you root you nook touch and somehow change the wpa supplicant file ?!? per xda you can make adhoc work
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote