Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #16
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
He's not on the forums, he's a customer service person for Kobo who has been extremely helpful for other posters (and me! to cancel the Vox I had ordered online).
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
thanks but no ... that's where I first started, it looks like it's importing and the pink bar goes across but everytime I get is an error stating "Something went wrong and we could not import all of your items. Please try again."

and now 72 hrs and still NO response from Kobo Help ... grrr
Perhaps the error message is accurate - one of your epubs isn't formatted correctly and it's causing a problem. Try importing a few at a time so you can narrow it down (really annoying that you get a generic importation progress indicator instead of it telling you which files are currently being imported).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
some1else
Enthusiast
some1else began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPhone 4, Kindle 3G
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Perhaps the error message is accurate - one of your epubs isn't formatted correctly and it's causing a problem. Try importing a few at a time so you can narrow it down (really annoying that you get a generic importation progress indicator instead of it telling you which files are currently being imported).
thanks but I have tried 20 different books (one at a time, all together, groups of 2,3,4 ... I don't give up easily!!!)
some1else is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #19
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
thanks but I have tried 20 different books (one at a time, all together, groups of 2,3,4 ... I don't give up easily!!!)
Are all the books DRM books? When I was trying Aldiko all my books loaded there fine, both DRM and NON. However, when I tried the Kobo app only the NON DRM epubs loaded and I got a message similar to that.

The Kobo app can not read epubs that have DRM even though Alkido can.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #20
singlemalt
singlemalt began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Wondering how to do something as basic as load my Itunes (or at least some of it) onto the Vox. Not very technically competent and I'm time challenged. Any advice? What about the Astro File Manager. Tried downloading it and I got a message that told me there was no phone associated or something weird like that.
singlemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #21
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Where did you get Astro? You will get that message if you try to download from Android Market, but not if you get it from an alternative market.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Has anyone tried and succeeded in using the Calibre server? Just curious as to whether my instructions are clear enough!
They worked wonderfully! Thanks a lot.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I use the Calibre server, but not as a catalog with Aldiko. I had to go into my router in the advanced tab and set up a virtual server. It was very easy once I looked at the help files for my router and knew what numbers belonged where.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Okay. I bought the Aldliko advanced app because I was told I could connect it with Calibre. I have no clue and all the above means nothing to me. Can someone explain it in a way I might understand?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Try this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=9

If you don't know your IP address, in Windows (on your PC.) choose start, type "cmd" in the search box, type "ipconfig" in the DOS window. The ip address you need is the one labeled "IPv4 Address".
In aldiko, tap "store", tap menu (horizontal bars in upper right corner), tap "my catalogues", add new catalogue for calibre using instructions in link, for library, use the library url to the sign-in web page. To authorize ADE go to the settings menu but for the Aldiko home screen.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 05-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #26
EternalyGrateful
EternalyGrateful began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I've just taken 5min to register to the website in order to post this reply: THANKS MAN YOU ROCK!!!

I've lost hours and hours over many days trying stuff on the web to get my Kobo Vox recognized. Nothing worked and I was about to give up, but I finally found the only instructions that work: yours!

I know you posted it 3 years ago, but whatever: I'm grateful to you! If anybody else has the same issue, this is the way to go.
EternalyGrateful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader issues, kobo, vox