Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Terry Pratchett about living with Alzheimer's

I like some of Pratchetts' books but think that I'll buy some more.

This is from the BBC. Don't forget to click on the "RELATED" link to the right after watching his main speech.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...=true&bbcws=2#

This is from a 2008 event.

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 01-09-2010 at 08:23 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for that. I had no idea he had alzheimers.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I had no idea ether...... I do enjoy his works, and wish him the best. Alzheimers to me is perhaps my most feared disease.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Thoughts and prayers go out to Terry and the Pratchett family. Best Wishes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Candle_Glow.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	43054  
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to Terry and the Pratchett family. Best Wishes
Well...maybe not prayers, as Pratchett is an atheist.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Well...maybe not prayers, as Pratchett is an atheist.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
There was a thread about it here when he first announced it - luckily he was diagnosed with it very early, and more luckily, as he says, he has "a good variant of it to have".
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
I like some of Pratchetts' books but think that I'll buy some more.

This is from the BBC. Don't forget to click on the "RELATED" link to the right after watching his main speech.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...=true&bbcws=2#

This is from a 2008 event.
Don't go to this link. It will resize your browser window.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
kennyc

Pretty hard to see it without going to the link. Besides that stupid resizing happens all the time....doesn't do it here anyway - Firefox
Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Pretty hard to see it without going to the link. Besides that stupid resizing happens all the time....doesn't do it here anyway - Firefox
I am running Firefox and it does resize my browser window. Also it wants me to install a Windows Media 11 plugin that I don't want.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am running Firefox and it does resize my browser window. Also it wants me to install a Windows Media 11 plugin that I don't want.

Hmmm. I don't know why then. It's not doing that here as I said. I may already have that plugin, I didn't have to install anything to see it. And it was definitely worth viewing.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
I am running firefox as well, and it didn't resize browser window for me. I might have had the plugin already installed. I'm pretty certain the page doesn't have any dangerous content, and the speech is very good.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you don't want to risk the browser windows being resized or having to install Windows Media Player 11 plugin, use MS IE (just for this one site).
Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
If you don't want to risk the browser windows being resized or having to install Windows Media Player 11 plugin, use MS IE (just for this one site).
I'd consider using IE a much bigger annoyance than having the browser window resized

Opera has settings that prevent windows being resized with javascript, maybe Firefox has similar settings?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I had no idea he has Alzheimers. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote