Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Question e Book light.... problems?

So I picked up the Book cover with light so that I could read in bed.

Before I got it I was reading with the blanket over my head so I would not wake up my BF. (I felt like I was 7 years old and staying up past my bed time.)

I thought the e book light would save the day (well night). I was wrong... It seems that my 'e light' is so bright he can't get to sleep!! I even keep it on the low setting!

Does anyone else have this problem?
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
smurphy
Connoisseur
smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Take some night vision googles ?

Sorry - coulnd't resist
smurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It is sort of unbearably bright, while at the same time doesn't illuminate the text very well. But, it's better than nothing.

One thing I've noticed is that it is very directional. It doesn't seem to light up the room, but only the spot I point it at. Does it still bother him if you point it toward the wall?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
Is this the Sony wedge book light? If so, try rechargeable AAA batteries. While disposable batteries have a voltage of 1.5V, the rechargeables output 1.2V, which should give you a dimmer light.
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
acastillo
Enthusiast
acastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505, Apple iPad
same problem

My wife still finds the light too bright. It doesn't light up the room--but it is similar to when one of the kids leaves the hall light on and the bedroom door is open. It is just enough light that the Mrs. can't go to bed, but it doesn't bother her if she is already asleep and I begin reading when I come to bed later. My side of the room is brighter, and her side of the room has the spill over light.

As for lighting the screen, I very much find that the light is more than enough to read comfortably.

Adrian
acastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It is sort of unbearably bright, while at the same time doesn't illuminate the text very well. But, it's better than nothing.

One thing I've noticed is that it is very directional. It doesn't seem to light up the room, but only the spot I point it at. Does it still bother him if you point it toward the wall?

I think the wall is the issue. The light makes the white wall glow.

Sounds like I will have to follow in 'acastillo's' fppt steps and wait till Mr. Grumpy Butt goes to bed.

Thanks guys!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Or pick her up one of those sleeping masks at Walmart.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Book Worm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Or pick her up one of those sleeping masks at Walmart.

LOL.... I dont think HE would dig a sleeping mask.... then again... I would get a kick out of seeing that. Maybe one that reads 'Beauty Rest' on the front of it!