Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #35566
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[Looking around quickly in a panic!]

Nope, no babies here. Some sleepy cats ... but no babies. Whew!
Cats live with chicken?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #35567
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Cats live with chicken?
Guard cats!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #35568
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
mmmmm.....bird!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #35569
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm remembering having one of these Ham Radio Transmitters when I was a kid
(and doing a bit of memoir writing about it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T_60_ad.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	100148  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #35570
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Building my Hallicrafters receiver and praying it would actually work!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #35571
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Building my Hallicrafters receiver and praying it would actually work!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

I've built Heath and homebrew kits/rigs my entire life. My most recent, a few years back was an Elecraft K2 - http://www.elecraft.com/k2_page.htm
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #35572
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
In a lot of ways electronics was a lot more fun before the advent of microchips. I've built a few things myself, and my father was constantly building things he'd read the plans for in Popular Mechanics or Popular Science, including a "big ear" that allowed us to spy on conversations a block away and a working theremin.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #35573
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:

I've built Heath and homebrew kits/rigs my entire life. My most recent, a few years back was an Elecraft K2 - http://www.elecraft.com/k2_page.htm
My bad! It was a Heathkit transmitter that I built. Bought the Hallicrafters receiver! 50 years can sure mess with my memory!

Another 45 minutes and it's back into the water for another night dive. Last dive for this assignment. Tomorrow I have to hang around until later in the eve before I can fly out. 24-hour no-fly rule.

Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #35574
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Things are looking up for my journey to Ethiopia.
And although I would like a month I now have the option of a 18-day (more expensive) or a 23-day (with 3 days in a tent and cheaper).
The 23-day will not visit Axum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axum which is a pity as it is an historical important town.
The 18-day will visit some prehistoric sites as well, which I would like to see. There are two inland flights included.
Both don't visit the Islamic town of Harar.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harar

And I just hope my mother.i.l (95) will be out of her plaster/ cast before I leave, and doing well.....one never knows at that age.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #35575
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
My bad! It was a Heathkit transmitter that I built. Bought the Hallicrafters receiver! 50 years can sure mess with my memory!

Another 45 minutes and it's back into the water for another night dive. Last dive for this assignment. Tomorrow I have to hang around until later in the eve before I can fly out. 24-hour no-fly rule.

Hope all is going well! Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #35576
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
And although I would like a month I now have the option of a 18-day (more expensive) or a 23-day (with 3 days in a tent and cheaper).
The 23-day will not visit Axum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axum which is a pity as it is an historical important town.
The 18-day will visit some prehistoric sites as well, which I would like to see. There are two inland flights included.

And I just hope my mother.i.l (95) will be out of her plaster/ cast before I leave, and doing well.....one never knows at that age.
Good! Hope things work out!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #35577
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kenny.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #35578
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post

The 18 day trip sounds best - is it that much more expensive? Best wishes to the MIL - at 95 a fall like that would put most completely out of action (it did for my grandmother at 85) - must be a tough old bird.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #35579
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The 18 day trip sounds best - is it that much more expensive? Best wishes to the MIL - at 95 a fall like that would put most completely out of action (it did for my grandmother at 85) - must be a tough old bird.
Well, what irks me is that both trips would be a compromise, as both don't go to Harar, which I really want to see. And it costs too much money for it to be a compromise.

I'm also looking if I can't go to Turkmenistan, of which I saw little last year, Uzbekistan(which I know and is beautiful), followed by Tajikistan (which I don't know).

Yes, my mother-i.l. is strong, but at that age the bones are as fragile as egg-shells.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #35580
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Planning a day trip to Antwerp with my sister for next week. We are both suffering from post-holiday blues and need a nice day out.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?