Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Tested (1 author): Webpage mode

Calibre 1.48 < production still works
I was more worried about breaking this than the beta version, so that's good.
Quote:
Calibre 1.205 <beta Leaves the form window orphaned on completion, otherwise we have our new entries.

Note orphan windows have been seen by me in other places on Calibre running on XP so this might not be a PI fault. Just reporting
I'm not sure what you mean. Is it leaving the dialog open when you press the "Finish" button on the third page? If so, I am not seeing it under Win7.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #122
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I'm not sure what you mean. Is it leaving the dialog open when you press the "Finish" button on the third page? If so, I am not seeing it under Win7.
Yes, It leaves the dialog open (or some subset), you can move the frame, but not interact otherwise and it stays in the foreground. This has also happened with the Edit Metadata form. Quitting Calibre and the form then closes about 10 seconds later. This is only on my XP running on a P4.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #123
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:

I have tested the webpage mode, calibre 1.205 against the Baen Free Library no problems. Using Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 2.2.16 Beta, on my test system. No orphan windows.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 08-14-2014 at 10:20 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, It leaves the dialog open (or some subset), you can move the frame, but not interact otherwise and it stays in the foreground. This has also happened with the Edit Metadata form. Quitting Calibre and the form then closes about 10 seconds later. This is only on my XP running on a P4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have tested the webpage mode, calibre 1.205 against the Baen Free Library no problems. Using Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 2.2.16 Beta, on my test system. No orphan windows.
Good to hear the reports. It does sound like it is an XP problem. The only XP machine I have around is the one connected to a TV screen showing our network status. I don't think the boss would appreciate me running calibre on it. But, if he decides to go to the pub...
Old 08-15-2014, 03:58 AM   #125
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@davidfor - reran the last 7 days CSV lists (~ 60 CSV's) against Win portable version 1.205 they all worked fine.

It'll be a few days before I can do the other tests.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 04:22 AM   #126
StillReading
Enthusiast
StillReading began at the beginning.

Love the plugin, it's so useful for importing Awards and other lists.

A question, sorry if it's been anwered before: is it possible to match a list item to multiple items in the Calibre database? There's the "Append this book as new item" button, but I can't figure out how it works.

Also, there'd be a few other features I think would be useful, is it OK to ask for features, in general? I know I couldn't code these features myself, but I think I could describe quite exactly how they could work and what the benefit would be.
StillReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillReading View Post
Love the plugin, it's so useful for importing Awards and other lists.

A question, sorry if it's been anwered before: is it possible to match a list item to multiple items in the Calibre database?
I'm pretty sure you can't. I don't think it would make sense. It would mean updating multiple books in the library with the same metadata. At that point, they become the same book.
Quote:
There's the "Append this book as new item" button, but I can't figure out how it works.
I can see what happens in the dialog, but I can't see what the point is or what happens when the finish button is pressed.
Quote:
Also, there'd be a few other features I think would be useful, is it OK to ask for features, in general? I know I couldn't code these features myself, but I think I could describe quite exactly how they could work and what the benefit would be.
You can suggest away. Unfortunately, kiwidude is not doing much plugin development due to work and other things. But, recording a suggestion will be good in case he does return or if someone else is interested. Or, if you want to try your hand at Python and plugin development, you can add the function yourself.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #128
StillReading
Enthusiast
StillReading began at the beginning.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can't. I don't think it would make sense. It would mean updating multiple books in the library with the same metadata. At that point, they become the same book.
Hmmm, I didn't notice the plugin is able to update metadata itself, I'm using it to create lists (which are probably metadata as well, but not in the "author/title/series"-sense). My use case is that I've got a multi-language library with many titles in two or more languages, and I'm trying to match award lists (like for example winners and nominees for the "Nebula" award) to books in my list. After the list has been created I'm doing the tagging manually.

Quote:
I can see what happens in the dialog, but I can't see what the point is or what happens when the finish button is pressed.
Ah, so it's not only me, thanks (; .

Quote:
You can suggest away. Unfortunately, kiwidude is not doing much plugin development due to work and other things. But, recording a suggestion will be good in case he does return or if someone else is interested. Or, if you want to try your hand at Python and plugin development, you can add the function yourself.
I've had a look at the code of a few plugins, but that stuff is still way over my head. I'd like to give it more tries, but that'll take some time.
StillReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #129
newclave
newclave began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
hi,

I'm using your plugin metadata to improve my books having to support a csv.

It works great and I thank you for your work.

I encounter the following problem:

.- In search does not use the letter "ñ", typical of the Spanish language.
.- In search does not use the sign "¡" (Opening sign of admiration), typical of Spanish language.

Is a limitation ?, could be solved?

a greeting
newclave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #130
asllearner
Enthusiast
asllearner began at the beginning.

HI. I have begun using this plugin in conjuction with the androind "book catalogue" app. It works pretty well, but a few small issues, and a feature request:

One issue is that bookcatalogue uses "|" as a delimiter in the author field. This leads to only the first author being captured. For now I am editing the csv file manually with a quick replace...I wonder if that might be managed within the plugin somehow.

The title field seems not to be matching so there must be some other problems there, too....I have to manually match every file each time I load the csv...

Also, bookcatalogue provides a uuid field, which among other things seems to identify the cover picture, which is kept in a separate file. I wonder if it would be possible to import a photo based on the value of a field (e.g. file name in the same folder as the original csv)?

There are a few other issues, but i am still tinkering to see if they are plugin or or app or data issues.
asllearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #131
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Author missing...

Lately have had a problem with plug-in not listing author:
Example: Here is what I am doing:
Using predefined Fantastic Fiction
click on Edit
paste url from Fantastic Fiction on a particular author
click preview.... and I get the correct list of books by the author, with title, series etc BUT the author column is BLANK.

Didn't used to happen.... how do I get the author column to display?

TIA
Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #132
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Lately have had a problem with plug-in not listing author:
Example: Here is what I am doing:
Using predefined Fantastic Fiction
click on Edit
paste url from Fantastic Fiction on a particular author
click preview.... and I get the correct list of books by the author, with title, series etc BUT the author column is BLANK.

Didn't used to happen.... how do I get the author column to display?

TIA
Tom
Are you using the latest version of the PI? The site redesigned a time back.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #133
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Are you using the latest version of the PI? The site redesigned a time back.
To be sure I uninstalled and downloaded current version. Problem still there
;=(
Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #134
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Tom SKP - I am guessing that when you enter a URL the PI does some screen scraping, changes to the page layout can throw the scraping out of kilter.

If you look in Calibre Recipes subforum you'll see lots of threads about news and magazine feeds failing when a layout changes. I imagine this PI uses the same techniques as News Recipes use.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:59 AM   #135
DreamStatic
Enthusiast
DreamStatic began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, computer
Really impressed by this plugin! Any thoughts to adding the ability to import from XML files?

I can kinda do it with the "Web Page" tab.

See pic here: http://postimg.org/image/z99t18uaz/

And would like the ability to add nodes together. i.e. <title>Army of Darkness</title> + "#" +<seriesIndex>1</seriesIndex> = Army of Darkness #1 pasted in the Title field.

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-15-2015 at 05:11 PM.
DreamStatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types