Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
problem with CBR/CBZ conversion for Kobo

I'm getting some truncation with the CBR/CBZ conversion on a Kobo. The Calibre version is 0.7.53 and the KOBO wireless firmware version is 1.7.4 r21156.

It looks like one or two pixels off of the left edge of the converted 540x718 test image and about seven pixels off of the bottom. The pixels are in the image, the Kobo just doesn't display them.

I can provide the test CBZ and epub as well as a picture of the screen if it's needed.

The CBR/CBZ conversion works great for the Nook. Of course the Nook converted epubs bleed off on all four edges when put on a Kobo.

Is there any way to correct this short of a new Calibre build?

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the comic input settings specify a different size to which the images should be resized. Experiment until you find the perfect size. Once you do, let me know and I will fix the default size in the Kobo profile
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

I'll give it a try and let you know what I come up with.

Greg Weeks
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
gweeks
Fanatic

I ended up with 536x710. I'm not absolutely sure I'm not still sometimes seeing a pixel dropped on the left edge or not.

Greg Weeks
Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK, I'll adjust the profile values.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert