Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
uhstud2215
uhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheeseuhstud2215 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Smile How to de-register a Kindle which has a broken screen

Hi Guys,

If anyone can help here, I have received a broken screen kindle, and in the process of getting it replaced but it needs to be deregistered before Amazon CS will approve the replacement. The device is not registered to my account.

Thanks,
uhstud2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Whoever it is registered to needs to log in to amazon, go to Manage your Kindle >Manage your devices, then deregister the respective one.

Or, on the device, if you can see anything, click on menu (top right corner) , settings, registration, deregister.

Last edited by xendula; 11-21-2012 at 09:49 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Or, on the device, even if you can't see anything, blindly type

Home / Menu / 9 times Down / Up / Press / Press

to deregister.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
await2012
await2012 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Or, on the device, even if you can't see anything, blindly type

Home / Menu / 9 times Down / Up / Press / Press

to deregister.
wow! great!
await2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
FLeite
FLeite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Digging up this thread so I don't have to create another with the same subject.

I am trying to de-register a second hand kindle with broken screen. It's a black basic Kindle (2012), I have its serial number, but as it is only WiFi, I can't even make it connect to my local wifi network so it can connect to the internet and de-register.

I bought it through an intermediary, so I don't have access to the previous owner to ask him to de-register himself. It's not stolen nor blacklisted (?), confirmed it with Amazon.

Is there any way I can do this? De-registering with a WiFi Kindle and broken screen? Can't see nothing in it.
FLeite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLeite View Post
Digging up this thread so I don't have to create another with the same subject.

I am trying to de-register a second hand kindle with broken screen. It's a black basic Kindle (2012), I have its serial number, but as it is only WiFi, I can't even make it connect to my local wifi network so it can connect to the internet and de-register.

I bought it through an intermediary, so I don't have access to the previous owner to ask him to de-register himself. It's not stolen nor blacklisted (?), confirmed it with Amazon.

Is there any way I can do this? De-registering with a WiFi Kindle and broken screen? Can't see nothing in it.
I'm confused by your request. Why would you want to de-register a broken, unusable Kindle if it isn't on your own account? Sounds like it is on the seller's account. If the Kindle were usable I would understand wanting to de-register it, but it is not usable.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
FLeite
FLeite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So that Amazon can process a replacement.

I solved it through painstakingly tries of screenshot-ing the contents.

Thanks!
FLeite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Oh, you have to deregister your broken kindle so that Amazon will replace it?
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I didn't have to de-register my original K3 to get a replacement when the screen got broken. I contacted Customer Service for the Kindle and got a replacement for less than I'd bought the original for (the warranty had elapsed shortly before the accident with the reader) and they took the broken reader off my account.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, register, troubleshoot