Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Matimio
Matimio began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad2
Increase Epub Search Speed and Accuracy

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the ebook conversion and editing world. I have converted from a doc file to epub a copy of a very detailed Arabic to English dictionary, I have created a table of contents, and it opperates with Arabic great. However, sometimes I want to search directly for a three letter word, as opposed to flip through, however, the search time is somewhat long, and the accuracy not great, since there are many places throughout a three letter word combo may appear.

Are there any mechanisms by which I can increase the search speed and accuracy in Sigil or Calibre? i.e. Indexing, or something along those lines.

Thank you, please let me know if this is not the correct place for this posting.

-MM
Matimio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
If you use regex search and have \b (word boundary) before and after the word your looking for, that makes it easier, especially for as you say common small words such as and/to etc..

e.g. to search for 'and', use regex and \band\b
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote