Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
rsturgill
rsturgill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Calibre on Win2K

I'm thrilled to find both Calibre software and a robust community here at Mobileread. You've solved many of my issues by posting your experiences. You folks are great! I'm naming my first born Kovid.

I've been playing with Calibre and written simple, custom recipes for my blogs and news services that aren't already available. However, I next wanted to install it on my server so these ebooks would automatically be created and archived regularly without intervention. Sadly, my server runs Win2K Server and it's an ENORMOUS challenge to update the OS due to all the services already installed and configured.

Has anyone been able to get Calibre running on a version of Win2K? Thanks!

Last edited by rsturgill; 12-21-2009 at 04:03 PM.
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Don't you dare name your kid, Kovid, I love the fact that my name is relatively unique

I'm not aware of any one having gotten calibre to work on win2k I'm afraid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
rsturgill
rsturgill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
(sigh)

I guess he'll be stuck with 'Millard'. Thanks anyhow...
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote