Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #24136
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea.

Spring seems to be sleeping in. We got another layer of snow last night. It's all gone, except for some patches in the woods out back. The sun is bright, but the air seems to have been imported from January!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #24137
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Ah, I've missed your morning posts.

Finished city #2, and off to Saskatoon tomorrow. The fun never quits.
Stuck in Edmonton, snowing steadily. Hoping that my flight to Saskatoon will leave somewhere close to on time. But a decent lunch at a restaurant in the airport. But no acceptable tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #24138
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
C'mon take me to the mardi gras
Where the people sing and play
Where the dancing is elite
And there's music in the street
Both night and day

Hurry take me to the mardi gras
In the city of my dreams
You can legalize your lows
You can wear your summer clothes
In the new orleans

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmS2RkT9UBc )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Friday! Sun is shinning, a bit chilly outside, but it's early yet. I expect it will warm up a bit by this afternoon. Still, I have a sneaky suspicion the Momma Nature is going to throw us a curveball any day now, and bring winter back for a week or so. She's like that sometimes. In the meanwhile, I've got a cup of unbranded Keemun tea to drink, some rice, prosciutto ham, fresh melon, and Kalamata olives to get me working, then it's off to the Notary to get more papers stamped. Should be a nice way to spend the day.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #24139
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Made it to Saskatoon, we only left a good hour and a half late, but we made it out. Much worse in Edmonton that Saskatoon. BIG pileup on the highway in Edmonton (100+ injured), so a lot of folks couldn't get to the airport. But Saskatoon is better. Colder (-12 C), but no current snow.

Presentation went well, and we head home tomorrow. I'm ready!

Celebrated and had a double Talisker and some nachos in the "cocktail lounge" here in the hotel. But now I am DONE. (as in, done in.)
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #24140
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Ack! Ran out of the store-bought tea bags -- but I had a few Chinese restaurant take-out tea bags, so I was okay. Still plenty of good loose Rose China tea for the later rounds.
Tea bags, what travesty! Only outside the bag do the leaves have space to "grow" and achieve their full flavor potential. That goes for green tea or Oolong, of course. For black tea bags are no problem, but I hate that stuff, anyway.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #24141
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Tea bags, what travesty! Only outside the bag do the leaves have space to "grow" and achieve their full flavor potential. That goes for green tea or Oolong, of course. For black tea bags are no problem, but I hate that stuff, anyway.
That's 'cuz yer using the wrong bags! You need to use the ones made for teapots, not teacups! I know they sell them in every supermarket in Taiwan, right? They do in Japan and Hong Kong. I buy packets of them, open a bag of loose leaf tea, and measure out a spoonful into the teapot teabags. PLENTY of room for the tea to infuse properly. And look for the tea bags that are made of the same material as disposable underwear. They feel more like silk than like paper, and don't leave a paper taste. I wonder if this is where they got the idea for edible underwear?

Late afternoon "Assam" tea, with thanks to the East India Tea Company, as I try to recover from my ordeal with bureaucracy.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #24142
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I like it better than the others. Your living spaces feel more "defined" and their purpose more obvious. Good luck with the architect.

Black coffee in my cup, tongue-burning hot.
Thanks We have a new appointment monday, I'm curious what they'll say. We should also know whether the front yard will be accepted or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Best one yet.

What is the big long rectangle that is attached to the right hand wall?
It's the kitchen island.

My BF made another perspective yesterday. He changed the architect's design a little: utility area underneath the staircase, toilet right at the entrance. A big advantage of this one is that kitchen, bathroom and toilets are all in one area of the house, which should make it easier to get the water pipes in and out the house.

I like this one as well. There's room for two couches. We still have our library/reading/playing area at the front. We would also make a bigger utility room on the first floor. We would also have one big window at the back, so we'll have a really nice view on the kids playing outside in our big garden

Working at home today, so no coffee! Instead I'm enjoying a cup of minty green tea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bruinbuik 07-03-13 G+ overzicht.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	103303  
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #24143
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's 'cuz yer using the wrong bags! You need to use the ones made for teapots, not teacups! I know they sell them in every supermarket in Taiwan, right? They do in Japan and Hong Kong. I buy packets of them, open a bag of loose leaf tea, and measure out a spoonful into the teapot teabags. PLENTY of room for the tea to infuse properly. And look for the tea bags that are made of the same material as disposable underwear. They feel more like silk than like paper, and don't leave a paper taste. I wonder if this is where they got the idea for edible underwear?

Late afternoon "Assam" tea, with thanks to the East India Tea Company, as I try to recover from my ordeal with bureaucracy.

Stitchawl
Sure they sell them, and they are an improvement over the small bags --- but we still prefer the traditional way. It isn't really difficult to measure the right amount of loose tea leaves depending on how large your pot is?

And there are so many things to consider, the type of material the pot is made of, the temperature of the water (depending on the type of tea), the water itself, the snacks that go with the tea... We are sticklers when it comes to tea and spend quite an ungodly amount per year. But for breakfast I still take coffee, thank you.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #24144
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nope it is not difficult but people get there in their own time.

I think I have strep throat. Painful to swllow, glands are painful. Back to the Doctor. (Sigh)

Will Spring hurry the f up and get here? Seriously
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #24145
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Nope it is not difficult but people get there in their own time.

I think I have strep throat. Painful to swllow, glands are painful. Back to the Doctor. (Sigh)

Will Spring hurry the f up and get here? Seriously
Amen! Overnight low was -12C here in Saskatoon, and even the locals are more than ready for spring. This has been a winter of heavy snow in the Prairies.

Headed back this morning, and I must say I'm glad to be going home. So far today, nothing but water. Will grab a Starbucks latte at the airport, and a couple of Timbits for breakfast.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #24146
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Working like crazy to make up for lost time last week when I was sick with the typhoid-vaccination. I hope to get all done before my journey; starting in 5 days. And reading, about Xinjiang and Uzbekistan.

I saw it is 19 degrees in Tasjkent where my first stop is and that is much, much warmer than here.....2 degrees (snow yesterday) and a fierce cold wind.
And I bought 30 pairs of tiny ceramic clogs ( one of our national symbols, like tulips and windmills.....ahem..) and crafted a ribbon in our national colors on it; to give away to the children of families who invite me for tea or such.

in my cup: cold rooibos+vanilla

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #24147
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Will grab a Starbucks latte at the airport, and a couple of Timbits for breakfast.
Sigh. I forgot just how small the Saskatoon airport is. Not a chance of any tea or even decent coffee.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #24148
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Lukewarm coffee and my Lady is waiting for me to finish it so she can replenish.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #24149
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just finished my third Coke Zero of the day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #24150
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Rioja in my glass as I relax with an episode of Pointless.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?