Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
For people wanting to buy a Sony PRS T3

This afternoon I went into the Myer Store in Launceston, Tasmania, and found that there was a sale on Sony PRS T3s - for $99 AUD with a free lighted cover given separately. So I bought it.

I have no idea whether how many other Myer Stores are selling them, or whether they will take orders from outside Australia, but thought people would like to know. I think it's by far the best ereader I have.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Nice find. I might have to pop down to my local Myer and check out what is there.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
LOL Its on sale here! One advantage of living in Japan
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I am planning a trip to Japan in December. Is the T3 using Japanese as its language...or can one be purchased there using English?
Kaysclie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Maybe I am not asking this question correctly. I meant to say, if I buy a Sony T3 in Japan, will the language it displays be Japanese? Most likely it will be, of course.... If so, is there any way to change that language to English?
Advert
Old 11-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Maybe I am not asking this question correctly. I meant to say, if I buy a Sony T3 in Japan, will the language it displays be Japanese? Most likely it will be, of course.... If so, is there any way to change that language to English?
Short answer is YES Japanese, and NO can't be changed. See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225619
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Yes, don't buy a Sony reader in Japan if you want to use it in English. What you should do if you want a cheap reader is pick up a Kobo Aura in Japan. They're the equivalent of about $115 US right now.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
Kaysclie
Addict

Thank you both for replying. I will be patient and possible I may eventually find a Sony T3 at a lower price. Right now the ones that are still available for sale are still too high, in my opinion. I am in no hurry and my nooks still work fine.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Get your a** in the plane and come here, in Germany, we have (still) lots of them, with magnetic case, even
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
Sneakyweasel
Sneakyweasel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
I just bought one last week from Shoppers Drug Mart here in Osoyoos (B.C., Canada) for $49.99. Was $10 more, but I got one of their free points cards and it came with a $10 off my first purchase. ..Willy.
Sneakyweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyweasel View Post
I just bought one last week from Shoppers Drug Mart here in Osoyoos (B.C., Canada) for $49.99. Was $10 more, but I got one of their free points cards and it came with a $10 off my first purchase. ..Willy.
A T3???
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Sneakyweasel
Sneakyweasel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
A T3???
Yup. In fact, I just sent a buddy down there to pick himself up one.. if there are any left. I'm sore enjoying reading with mine, much more than I ever did with the crummy Kobo touch which was gifted to me. ..Willy.
Sneakyweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Get your a** in the plane and come here, in Germany, we have (still) lots of them, with magnetic case, even
That might be of interest to me. I'm in the UK and would like to get the T3 or T3S ideally from an EU seller.

Google hasn't got me far, but could anyone suggest any european stores that might still be selling them online?
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 AM   #14
Tropod
Tropod began at the beginning.

Device: K3 + 3G
For any Australians, Catch of the Day is having a limited time special on the PRS-T3 with lighted case, $80 AUD + shipping.

Last edited by Tropod; 12-02-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Tropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
That might be of interest to me. I'm in the UK and would like to get the T3 or T3S ideally from an EU seller.

Google hasn't got me far, but could anyone suggest any european stores that might still be selling them online?
Anywhere in Europe still selling the T3?
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote