Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
rosyposy363
rosyposy363 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Home Page

Hope I am not repeating a question but would like to ask how do I bring a book that I am reading out of a collection so it appears in the home screen in its own right, this would save me having to pick the collection and then pick the book before I start reading Cheers
rosyposy363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
When in the collection, highlight the book in question and click the left arrow (or move the 5-way joystick to the left). You will be prompted to verify that you want to remove the book from the collection. Click the center button (or push down on the 5-way joystick) to verify. Click the right arrow or the Back button to cancel the move.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Sort your home page by Most Recent First, not by Collections. (top right corner)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Or use "Author" or "Title" sort modes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Or use "Author" or "Title" sort modes.
That'll display the book title on (some page) the Home Screen, but sorting by Most Recent will keep the current book the OP is reading on the top of the first page of the Home screen.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
asciibaron
Connoisseur
asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle 4 NT SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
That'll display the book title on (some page) the Home Screen, but sorting by Most Recent will keep the current book the OP is reading on the top of the first page of the Home screen.
this is the answer i use - keeps the current reading selections at the top.
asciibaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I can see the benefit of that if you're reading several books at once. I tend to only use the Home page when choosing my next book to read, hence find Author sort more convenient to use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote