Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Screen darker in corner

I purchased my EBW1150 in May of this year. I have been using the screen brightness fairly bright until recently when wanting to extend battery life in places where charging is a bit of challenge (solar power). The lower left portion of my screen is a shade darker than the rest. I have written to ETI support but thought I would run this by you people if anyone has experienced the same thing.
FYI, my husband has one also and his screen is uniformly lit.

With thanks,
Lvd4
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
My first one was even over the whole screen but like an idiot, I sold it.

My current one does not have even contrast between the top and bottom halves and one of the back light LEDs is dimmer than the others.

I read with the brightness slider one click from off most of the time since I usually read in bed. I get around 22 hours between charges.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You can play around with the contrast and backlight settings to achieve nearly uniform brightness. Anytime I change the brightness I have to fiddle with the contrast.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
ETI TechSupport suggested just that DaleDe. It does fix the problem but only for a short time, and the dark area slowly appears again. After telling them this, they said they will send a replacement unit - that it should not require multiple adjustments.
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvd4 View Post
ETI TechSupport suggested just that DaleDe. It does fix the problem but only for a short time, and the dark area slowly appears again. After telling them this, they said they will send a replacement unit - that it should not require multiple adjustments.
Great, they have excellent service.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I can't understand why they are not a huge company with tons of employees and money in the bank! They have the best tech support.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote