Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #1
cbsantos
cbsantos doesn't littercbsantos doesn't litter

Device: none
Installation in Linux Mint problem

Till one week ago I was a Calibre user in Windows 7. Last week I decided to install Linux Mint 13 Maya and I proceed to install Calibre using Software Manager. Noticing that it was an old version I installed Calibre 0.9.1 from the official page. As you can imagine at that moment I've got two different Calibre and both are fine. Trying to correct the situation I didn't like at all I remove both and made a new installation of last version (0.9.1). Well, now my big problem:
- Calibre install without any error
- When I run it in Terminal Mode it shows in a small window and in Terminal I get the following message - "Error: Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading."
I hope you can understand my problem - English is not my native language - and please help me so I can go on using Calibre.
Thanks in advance.
cbsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In another thread Kovid indicated that the error message means that you have an invalid tweak somewhere. However as I also got it on a new installation I am not convinced as at that point I should not have any tweaks set! I have just been ignoring it and it does not seem to cause a problem.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
In another thread Kovid indicated that the error message means that you have an invalid tweak somewhere. However as I also got it on a new installation I am not convinced as at that point I should not have any tweaks set! I have just been ignoring it and it does not seem to cause a problem.

Maybe simply opening and Saving the Preference: Tweaks: will fix the file.

(You might need to change a value for a moment to get it to trip the 'changed' flag)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
cbsantos
cbsantos doesn't littercbsantos doesn't litter

Device: none
Linux Mint problem solved

Thank you for your help.
The problem was in a bad mounted ntfs partition. Now everything is OK.
Thanks again.
cbsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for reporting what you found. This helps others that come after.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
I have the same error, but does not seem to cause any problem.

And I dont have any NTFS partition.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1m View Post
I have the same error, but does not seem to cause any problem.

And I dont have any NTFS partition.
then delete tweaks.py in the (hidden, starts with a dot) calibre configuration directory