Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #181
NovaTornado
NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.NovaTornado can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
So you are pre-5.1.0?? I added the popup to solve a problem with firmware from 5.1.0 on.
If you have a 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 you should be able also to use pinch-to-zoom!
Anyway, which firmware do you have?

It could be possible to check the firmware version and enable/disable the popup, I just need to find where that information is stored in the kindle!

(I though firmware pre-5.1.0 can't use lots of feature I added, just like clockwise and anticlockwise rotation....)
Oh :O Thought it was only for 5.1.0 xD I'm on 5.1.2 or w/e the newest one is. Never mind then.
NovaTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #182
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Not really, I only gave feedback and hope it could help you improve Komic :-p You had already done great job.

Thanks for your fast support.
I think I'll place a new option to turn ON or OFF the ability to remember landscape/portrait mode...

And I'll send you a small script to test the memory problem (do you manage to send ssh commands? If so, I'll send you two commands!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaTornado View Post
Oh :O Thought it was only for 5.1.0 xD I'm on 5.1.2 or w/e the newest one is. Never mind then.
I don't know why, but 5.1.0 introduced those problem and I didn't manage to resolve them (I only found workarounds!).

EDIT:
IF ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT FORCE CLOSE PROBLEM, PLEASE TRY SENDING THESE COMMANDS:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.silver18.komic001','memUnloadLevel','150000')"

sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "INSERT INTO properties (handlerId, name, value) VALUES ('com.silver18.komic001','memWarnLevel','71680')"
They should give Komic little more "space" (at least the same the browser has!).
The first command should change the default memory level for unloading the WAF, the second one should change the default memory level for warning.

I ask to try this not because I need some guinea pigs (I already did it on my Kindle and everything is fine) but because I don't get that force close problem often!!
If you have it, give it a try and report.
If it works, I'll add this workaround to next release!

Last edited by silver18; 09-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #183
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
hey silver here are some suggetions for bringing back pinch to zoom. I dont know whether they work or not. I know this sort of bad that I am not knowing if this is risky or not but I am just trying to be helpful:
1) the most obvious and easy way: make a kindlet
2) we know that kindle supports hyperlinks and all in a book, so why not put buttons in a pdf, book or prc to make it work just like komic
3) look at the whole code that is running on the kindle, if you see anything that disables features in waf apps, disable it. I know you have already tried disabling a option but might be there are more.
4) reverse engineer the kindle os and try to understand every bit of code :0. ONCE YOU HAVE GRASPED ALL OF IT,START MODIFYING THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK MIGHT BE DISABLING PINCH TO ZOOM.
5) compare the code of the kindle os 5.1.x and 5.0.x. as 5.0.x had pinch to zoom why not fiind the differences understand them and disable/enable the ones that might be causing the problem.
NOTE: I don't know if these work. these are just guesses. try at your own risk!!!
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #184
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
hey silver here are some suggetions for bringing back pinch to zoom. I dont know whether they work or not. I know this sort of bad that I am not knowing if this is risky or not but I am just trying to be helpful:
1) the most obvious and easy way: make a kindlet
2) we know that kindle supports hyperlinks and all in a book, so why not put buttons in a pdf, book or prc to make it work just like komic
3) look at the whole code that is running on the kindle, if you see anything that disables features in waf apps, disable it. I know you have already tried disabling a option but might be there are more.
4) reverse engineer the kindle os and try to understand every bit of code :0. ONCE YOU HAVE GRASPED ALL OF IT,START MODIFYING THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK MIGHT BE DISABLING PINCH TO ZOOM.
5) compare the code of the kindle os 5.1.x and 5.0.x. as 5.0.x had pinch to zoom why not fiind the differences understand them and disable/enable the ones that might be causing the problem.
NOTE: I don't know if these work. these are just guesses. try at your own risk!!!
The kindlet suggestion is something not new to me: komic is really going to be a kindlet, but I don't know when! First of all I need some spare time to learn Java again then I'll need to buy some manual to learn everything I don't know about java!
(And this really isn't the right time as I'm in a hurry to get my degree and I'm also out of money!)

As regards the other suggestions, I don't really want to "reverse engineer" an OS just to bring back pinch-to-zoom!

I know where the problem should be and I think the best way to solve this is to study the browser WAF (as it has pinch-to-zoom)!!
You can do this also by yourself!!!

Just keep waiting, I'll solve this!!
Otherwise, try the stock imageviewer from Amazon!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #185
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
i kind of knew your reply. Anyway thanks for komic, which is a great app.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #186
jojowerfer
jojowerfer began at the beginning.

Device: KT 5.1.0
Thx for Komic! It is really great to have and I love that it keeps getting better ;-)

So just one short idea:
Would it make sense to have a possibility to launch the latest bookmark directly from the starting menu? Since now having that autosave option and the app also showing the last read folder/item.
jojowerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #187
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojowerfer View Post
Thx for Komic! It is really great to have and I love that it keeps getting better ;-)

So just one short idea:
Would it make sense to have a possibility to launch the latest bookmark directly from the starting menu? Since now having that autosave option and the app also showing the last read folder/item.
It could be done...I wonder if it is better to include this option in the newly created option to remember orientation mode or to keep those separated...
I mean:
1) last read+orientation: if ON, when opening Komic you'll be redirected to last read comic using the last used orientation
2) last read != orientation: if last read is ON, when opening Komic you'll be redirected to last read comic but in portrait mode.
If also orientation is ON, you'll use the last used orientation.

I prefer first option but it has one downside: if ON, you'll be always redirected to last read. You can't keep the last used orientation without being redirected to a comic!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #188
silver18
THE NOOB

New options (and option pages!!):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-19T18_20_31-0200.gif
Views:	214
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	92613   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-19T18_20_34-0200.gif
Views:	196
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	92614  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #189
silver18
THE NOOB

Few fixes done (smarter way of handling the new "go to last read" option + some improvements here and there).

And, what about a "Check for updates" feature???

Spoiler:

I'm working also to make possible to download the update and install it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-20T16_19_37-0200.gif
Views:	214
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	92670  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #190
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic can now download and install updates by itself.
Use the "check for updates" script to check if a new version of Komic is out and, then, automatically download and install the update.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #191
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Use the "check for updates" script to check if a new version of Komic is out and, then, automatically download and install the update.
That is a nice feature for a hack.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #192
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That is a nice feature for a hack.
Do you think so?
I did it just to become familiar with wget/curl...
Anyway, do you know how to execute a shell script if the user touches somewhere in the screen?

I need to execute the download/update script only if needed (something like "touch here to proceed")...I recall you used something like this to exit from a program...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #193
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Do you think so?
I did it just to become familiar with wget/curl...
Anyway, do you know how to execute a shell script if the user touches somewhere in the screen?

I need to execute the download/update script only if needed (something like "touch here to proceed")...I recall you used something like this to exit from a program...
I read the event device packets directly from native mode. In a script, no less. That was definitely a hack.

You can also detect touches with waitforkey, running in the background.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #194
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Application Cache technology (sell also 1, 2) could be possibly interesting to you. As you know, WAF app could simply point to website address. Application Cache manifest points to resources (html, js, css, etc.) to download and use when site is inaccessible (i.e. when device is offline). It also will download updated resources in future application use (if user is online and if some resources were updated). I know, Kindle Store application uses this technology (did you ever see that "updating your Kindle Store experience" screen? At this time application updates it's Application Cache).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #195
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I read the event device packets directly from native mode. In a script, no less. That was definitely a hack.

You can also detect touches with waitforkey, running in the background.
I tried
Code:
waitforkey > /mnt/us/test.txt &
It detects the touch events, but it stores in txt always "330 1"...
Any clue? Is it possibile to store something like coordinates (just like what eips uses)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Application Cache technology (sell also 1, 2) could be possibly interesting to you. As you know, WAF app could simply point to website address. Application Cache manifest points to resources (html, js, css, etc.) to download and use when site is inaccessible (i.e. when device is offline). It also will download updated resources in future application use (if user is online and if some resources were updated). I know, Kindle Store application uses this technology (did you ever see that "updating your Kindle Store experience" screen? At this time application updates it's Application Cache).
It seems interesting, I never heard of it before!!
I'll read it as it seems to be really usefull for another project I have...

Tags
launcher add-ons