Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #451
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thanks for the heads up on FiY! In that case, I'll hold off still.

I'm irritated with myself regarding Relentless. I discovered it via an email from BookGorilla when it was $0.99. Well, I got a sample, took my time reading that, then decided I wanted to buy it after all. Uh, guess what? In the less one hour it took me to get around to all that, the book had gone back up to $2.99
Yeah, FiY was good, just, hard to put into words, but like I said, IMO not as good as WfY.

Ugh on the missed price drop, how frustrating! It may come back down! *crosses fingers for you* Maybe I should read it b4 I say that!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #452
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I asked DANL if I needed to renew at this time since I still have 5 credits. They replied
Quote:
Your credits will not expire. However, if your membership lapses, you will be unable to make purchases using membership pricing. The credits can be used at any time.
So I wrote to get clarification on exactly when membership would be considered lapsed. I hate feeling so dense, but I guess I need it spelled out more clearly
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #453
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I don't think you're being dense. I thought that announcement wasn't particularly clear.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #454
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
At this point it's doubtful I'll renew. Pretty much every book I've gotten as a featured selection has later been offered for $0.99, not to mention I usually end up with a pile of credits because I've had trouble finding something I want. If they were to make the credits usable on any books, kind of like Audible, it would be more appealing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #455
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't think you're being dense. I thought that announcement wasn't particularly clear.
Add me to the confused list. That response from them goes against what they posted on the site. I really wanted DANL to work but they keep changing the rules till it doesn't seem like such a good deal.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #456
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale @ Amazon Only $3.99!!!

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Get the Audible when you buy the ebook for $3.95
Nook link!

In anticipation for Walking Disaster being release it's now on sale!
This is the best New Adult Romance I have read. I give it 10 stars if I could. I read it in one sitting. It one of the top ten favorites of all time for me. I absolutely love Travis and Abby. Travis is by no means a perfect hero but his devotion to the girl he loves is what got me hooked. It's a fun college romance with a perfect HEA.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #457
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Okay, I heard back again
Quote:
Your Romance Reader 6-Pack allows you to select any of the monthly featured selections, using one ebook credit per download. If you want to buy additional featured selections when your credits are gone, you can purchase another 6-Pack.*

* Please note all featured titles will appear as "FREE" in our shopping cart. Only your first selection is included in your prepaid 6-Pack. Once your credits have been used, all additional featured selections will display the member price at the time of checkout from our store. Your member price is valid for 30 days after you use your last credit.
So it sounds to me like we get the best of both worlds. If we like multiple books available for a month we can use multiple credits (no need to wait for the next month as you are given all 6 as soon as you buy the 6-pack). And if there are months you don't want anything, your credits just carry over as before. But unlike before you don't have to worry about spending them all or re-upping at 6 months. You just keep your membership until you have spent all 6 credits and can then decide to buy another six if you wish. If you choose not to, your membership benefits last for 30 days after your last credit is spent.

So this seems like a real win-win to me

Here is the link to Romance Reader Ebook 6-Pack they included in my email.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #458
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
At Mills an Boon today 75 books. one for 75 pence. Today only.

http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/books/...gsclusives.htm
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #459
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

It's In His Kiss by Mallory Kane

September Rain by Mallory Kane

Price of Desire by Lavinia Kent
(The Desire Series)

On Gentle Wings
by Patricia McAllister

Indie:

The Rake by Amy Watson
Regency Romance
Note: Took a look at the sample and the first words told me it's too modern for my taste.

Kitchen Affairs: A Riverside Novel by Brooke Cumberland
(The Riverside Trilogy)
Note: New Adult Alert!

The Edge Of Trust (Team Edge) By KT Bryan

Freedom's Promise
(Task Force 125) by Lisa Pietsch

More Than a Promise by Kristen James

Past Due by Elizabeth Seckman

Dangerous (Courting the Darkness Saga) by Karen Fuller
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #460
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
At Mills an Boon today 75 books. one for 75 pence. Today only.

http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/books/...gsclusives.htm
Looks like you can buy as many as you want at 75p each.

Anyone tried payment via a US credit card (don't appear to accept PayPal, according to their FAQ).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #461
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Heads up! I'm currently seeing 40% off list for all books at BoB, this includes Hachette, Simon & Schuster and HarperCollins
I had a little rewards money and was able to pick up a book I really wanted for only $0.56.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #462
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Looks like you can buy as many as you want at 75p each.

Anyone tried payment via a US credit card (don't appear to accept PayPal, according to their FAQ).
I haven't on this sale, but I've gotten books from them in the past without a problem using a US CC and info.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #463
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I haven't on this sale, but I've gotten books from them in the past without a problem using a US CC and info.
Thanks. I've "bought" free there, but avoided paid. I'll have to check what the conversion fees might be on my CC (and then I'd have to deal with a phone call, to make sure my card hasn't been stolen, as happens every time I make an out of country purchase ... even though Kobo is almost always the company and has been on (many) purchases in the past).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #464
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

I just bought a couple historicals and the checkout's changed a bit from the last time I did it. They now take PayPal, so I just used that instead of a CC.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #465
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Found a couple of $.99 deals today.

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
A USA Today Bestseller.
**Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual content and language, mature subject matter**
New Adult Contemporary

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I'm working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I'm my little brother's temporary mother since our mom doesn't give a crap about either of us. And I'm that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I'm the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He's beautiful, sweet--and he's hiding way more secrets than I am. He's brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is...

Me.

I don't know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.
http://www.amazon.com/One-Week-Girlf.../dp/B00AZZRYJK

Hopeless by Colleen HooverDue to heavy subject matter and sexual content, this book is recommended for mature readers.

#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING NOVEL
"Hopeless blew me away. I was so wrapped up in this story, I felt as if I was Sky. She's so real. And Holder...dear God, fan me please. This one will rock your world. Trust me." ~Abbi Glines, bestselling author.

"HOPELESS has set the bar for the best first kiss in the history of first kisses. And the best leading man. And the best plot twists. And the best love-making. And the best last 'chapter.' I guess it's safe to say this book has set the bar for every book I pick up from here on out." ~Lynn's Reads

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies...

That's what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he's nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he's been claiming to be. When the secrets he's been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky's life will change forever.

Recommended for mature readers due to sexual content and heavy subject matter involving abuse.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless-ebook/dp/B00AQ3K8IU/

Suicide Note by Teresa Mummert
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Novel

Sometimes in life it feels like everything that can go wrong does, but everything happens for a reason. A relationship crumbles so someone else can mend the pieces of your broken heart. A change of plans can lead you to something you didn't even know you were missing. We help others and discover that it was us who needed to be helped all along.
Jenn's life is nothing as she had imagined it would be. She is twenty-something with a failing career and her love life has officially ended with an ultimate act of betrayal. She is ready to throw away her dreams when a chance run-in with a soldier, dealing with his own misfortunes, alters her course and changes her perspective on life.
Everything happens for a reason.
http://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Note-ebook/dp/B00BSYE5RQ

I've read One Week Girlfriend and I liked it.

Last edited by dreams; 03-30-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: clean links - moderator
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote