Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Gift Card

I have the two $25 gift cards from Sony. Do I have to use all $25 worth at one time on the Sony store, or does Sony keep a credit balance over multiple purchases until the $25 is used up?

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
No you don't need to use up the whole $50 at once a balance stays on your sony account that doesn't expire.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried to enter the codes from the two gift cards I have. Both of them return "Sorry, that coupon code is not valid".

I'm entering the numbers under the scratch-off. Is it me or is it Sony?

Joe
Old 10-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
jgray
Fanatic

I tried the long string of numbers under the barcode. It seemed to take that, but then asked for a PIN. I used the numbers under the scratch-off for the PIN. That didn't work either.

So, can anyone tell me what the magic incantation is? Sony shouldn't make it this hard to redeem a stupid gift card.

Joe
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes the pin number is the one in the scratched off area. It should have worked.

you can call thier support number at 877-263-2863 during the hours of:

8:00am - Midnight, EDT; Monday - Friday and 9:00am - 8:00pm EDT; Saturday and Sunday
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
jgray
Fanatic

I got one of the cards to redeem. The other still tells me that the number is invalid. And I'm about 11 minutes too late to call Sony today.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Joe
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
jgray
Fanatic

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait untl the next day to call Sony. I tried again later and finally got the other gift card to validate. Along the way, I had several errors from the Sony store about database errors. So, it looks like Sony was having some trouble on the back end.

Being perpetually short of funds, it was nice to be able to purchase some books with the gift cards. I have been reading a lot of PD books or sometimes borrowed books.

I used part of my credit to purchase some John Scalzi books. A few of them I had already read in "borrowed" form. However, I liked the "Old Man's War" series so much, that I bought my own copies and will probably read them again some day.

Joe
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
laughingdragons
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I got one of the cards to redeem. The other still tells me that the number is invalid. And I'm about 11 minutes too late to call Sony today.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Joe
Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Thankfully, I didn't have to wait untl the next day to call Sony. I tried again later and finally got the other gift card to validate. Along the way, I had several errors from the Sony store about database errors. So, it looks like Sony was having some trouble on the back end.

Being perpetually short of funds, it was nice to be able to purchase some books with the gift cards. I have been reading a lot of PD books or sometimes borrowed books.

I used part of my credit to purchase some John Scalzi books. A few of them I had already read in "borrowed" form. However, I liked the "Old Man's War" series so much, that I bought my own copies and will probably read them again some day.

Joe
Glad to hear you got it figured out.