Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I really don't see the point of night mode on E-Ink.

I see its benefits with a backlit display, but take away the backlight and I don't see the need. Then again I've always found light on dark to be preferable, so this may be my own bias leaking through.
When bookeen implemented this ion the first odyssey, I reacted like you "what's the point ?".

Makes sense with frontlight where even minimal setting is too bright in darkness.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
When bookeen implemented this ion the first odyssey, I reacted like you "what's the point ?".

Makes sense with frontlight where even minimal setting is too bright in darkness.
I use night mode on kindle dx, if scanned pdf has poor contrast (yellow paper or gray letters) rather than changing gamma.

Night mode and gamma correction are available in kindlepdfviewer reader, not native pdf reader.

Last edited by markom; 04-01-2013 at 04:28 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That's what I was thinking about when it would be helpful.

I was also thinking a black background would introduce less visible effective/ reflected light into the room to disturb your bedmate at night if you're in a reading mood.

Last edited by rkw; 04-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote