Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It's 15k "uploads" not individual titles. Once we revamp the upload section and make it more database like we will be able to get a Count of titles and uploads.

BOb

weeelll, there's the Queen, a few nobles and nobbies, one or two Sirs, and

ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch !!!!!!

Careful now, instead of 15K we might find it's (only) 8.123K !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #32
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Congratulations, and thank you!

Everything I've read on my reader so far has come from the mobileread library, and I have found the quality to be very good. I couldn't see myself searching elsewhere for public domain books.

Last edited by Ziguezon; 02-05-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammar
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
That's a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
no question is stupid!

that's how we learn .....
I don't think The question in, umm, question is particularly stupid. But I DO think there are stupid questions. And they are usually asked by lazy people unwilling to expend at least a minimal amount of effort in researching their question.

For some reason, the navigation on this site is a bit confusing even though it isn't particularly unique or unusual in structure. I'm getting used to it, but I seem to be always discovering something new every time I visit.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
hornster
hornster began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Being new to the ebook world, I am glad that I have access to your library. Congrads and thank you to the efforts of this group.
hornster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #35
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Wow, 15K uploads. Even if you divided that by, oh, four, you'd still be left with a ton of titles to sift through. And with the four, I mean one book in four formats. I have no idea if that's even close, just an off the hip guesstimate. Still, there's enough here for a lifetime's worth of reading.

Congrats MR!
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
WONDERFUL!!

Congratulations and Thank You to all the dedicated editors and uploaders!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
15K.
Is it a number of titles or if a book is uploaded in 4 different formats it will be counted as 4 books in this 15K number?
Here is how to count:

1. Click E-Books on the tool bar
2. Select Browse latest uploads
3. Look on the bar and note 1 of 30 of 15024 (the current number at the time of my post.)
4 Select the format you want.
Mobi: 4222
BBeb: 5161
ePUB: 1835
IMP: 3188
Other: 618

There are a few more books than that because the IMP group sometimes posts 2 versions (one for the 1150 and one for the 1200). In addition some will post a version with and without illustrations which, if they do it with multiple attachments, it won't add to the total.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
A hearty "thank you!" to the MR uploaders, and congratulations on the astounding growth of the library!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #39
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
BBeb: 5161
ePUB: 1835
IMP: 3188
Other: 618
Ta.
It is safe to assume that there are approximately 5.200 titles. Sounds impressive. I really envy lovers of old literature.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Ta.
It is safe to assume that there are approximately 5.200 titles. Sounds impressive. I really envy lovers of old literature.
Well no. It's not as easy as that. There are lots and lots of books only available in one format. These exist in BBeB, but also in Mobi and in ePub. I guess the "real" number of individual titles is closer to 7000. Once we have reorganised the library, we will know for sure!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #41
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I don't think The question in, umm, question is particularly stupid. But I DO think there are stupid questions. And they are usually asked by lazy people unwilling to expend at least a minimal amount of effort in researching their question.

For some reason, the navigation on this site is a bit confusing even though it isn't particularly unique or unusual in structure. I'm getting used to it, but I seem to be always discovering something new every time I visit.
It's true, it all makes perfect sense, yet I get lost. I think the site may be *too* easy to navigate - there is a ton of stuff in that little header, and I never investigated it all, just "Home" or "Forums" and off we go...
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #42
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
Another silly question : are (all/most) books in this MobileRead Library readable on a Kindle ?
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glin View Post
Another silly question : are (all/most) books in this MobileRead Library readable on a Kindle ?
Only the ones in the Mobipocket forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #44
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
I guess you mean 'Mobypocket format'...
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #45
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Actual Mobi or Mobipocket format.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote