Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #511
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloraday View Post
One more Q: Does anyone know if DPT-S1 has a built-in dictionary like Kindle does? Can you, say, tap a word and get its definition or something like that?
It doesn't, perhaps in a future update.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #512
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
It doesn't, perhaps in a future update.
I hope they do that, it's one of the features I like in my prs-t1.
Have you bought one while in Japan, Kumabjorn?
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #513
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantoM View Post
I hope they do that, it's one of the features I like in my prs-t1.
Have you bought one while in Japan, Kumabjorn?
You kind of have to be in Tokyo or maybe Osaka to get your hands on a physical model, I'm in the boondocks when I'm in Japan. I was thinking of buying one through Rakuten but they are sold by their market place and all sales are final, so no returns. Unless I can root it and attach a keyboard I'm not interested. To me it is an outdoor production device, rather than a consumption device.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #514
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
You kind of have to be in Tokyo or maybe Osaka to get your hands on a physical model, I'm in the boondocks when I'm in Japan. I was thinking of buying one through Rakuten but they are sold by their market place and all sales are final, so no returns. Unless I can root it and attach a keyboard I'm not interested. To me it is an outdoor production device, rather than a consumption device.
Yes, I read before that you want a connection to physical keyboard... Maybe other company will make it possible or even a firmware update
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #515
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantoM View Post
Yes, I read before that you want a connection to physical keyboard... Maybe other company will make it possible or even a firmware update
It seems to be running some flavor of Android under the hood so it should be reasonably possibly, but I have no idea if Sony put in a bootlocker or not. So Before I even Think of buying one I want to read about someone rooting it and installing a full fledged version of Android.
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #516
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
I contacted Sony with the help of a friend who knows Japanese and they said the device's interface is Japanese only
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #517
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I contacted Sony with the help of a friend who knows Japanese and they said the device's interface is Japanese only
Yes, this has been reported earlier in this thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #518
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
By the way, this is not the only large 13.3" device. See PocketBook CAD Reader in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #519
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
By the way, this is not the only large 13.3" device. See PocketBook CAD Reader in our wiki.
It's the only one that's actually available to buy, Dale. Please correct me I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Pocketbook device has been released yet.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #520
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's the only one that's actually available to buy, Dale. Please correct me I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Pocketbook device has been released yet.
The PocketBook will be released in August.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #521
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
The PocketBook will be released in August.
It's as well to treat all release dates with a pinch of salt. They tend to be aspirations rather than commitments.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #522
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's as well to treat all release dates with a pinch of salt. They tend to be aspirations rather than commitments.
"The future is uncertain." - There is no need to write this disclaimer every time.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #523
joblack
Wizard

Sony 13 inch Digital Paper E Ink slate coming to America… for $1100

http://liliputing.com/2014/03/sony-1...-for-1100.html
Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #524
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Definitely a flexible screen:

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/sony...#!slide=487867
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #525
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcheson View Post
Sure, but the Sony E-Book Reader case isn't. The only advantage is the weight.