Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Smile KinGo: A viewer and editor for the game of Go [Kindle Touch]

Hi everyone,

I've been playing with Javascript for a couple of days now and I'm glad to share a little app with you today. I always wanted to play my favorite game of all times, Go also known as Igo (Chinese traditional name is Weiqi or Weichi) on my Kindle. Now I can.
I want to extend this viewer (loosely based on eidogo) in future but decided to release it as some of you may like it and be useful for you too.

Instructions:
Just extract the zip file into your USB folder (main folder you see when connected with wire)/mnt/us/ and restart your Kindle OR ...
Spoiler:
simply ssh this command:
restart framework

Then you will see KinGo in your GUI Launcher under Games menu.
There are some SGF files in /mnt/us/extensions/games/KinGo/sgf/ and you should load this folder with your own game files.

Download (from my depositfiles account)

The toolbar is on the bottom of screen. You can show/hide some of the control panels so that you can comfortably see the game board. Also, you can open SGF files with the drop down list.

P.S. The version I have is way fancier than what I will attach below but for some reasons (IDK!!!) when ran on Kindle it crashes. Anyways, please let me know what you think, and how we can improve it.

Now let's play Go on the go.
Enjoy it

And by the way, do I have small hands and fingers?! hahahaha but seriously, I wanted to use most of the screen so designed border numbers microscopic, let me know if you like it. The font is a pixel font from dafont.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KinGo.gif
Views:	3999
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	85945  

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-24-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Uploaded a newer KinGo on my website
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Number three on the list:
http://boardgamegeek.com/abstracts/browse/boardgame

And the copy that Amazon sells doesn't even run on the Amazon Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post

Instructions:
Just extract the zip file into /mnt/us/extensions/ and restart your Kindle OR ...
Spoiler:
simply ssh this command:
restart framework

The toolbar is on the bottom of screen. You can show/hide some of the control panels so that you can comfortably see the game board. Also, you can open SGF files with the drop down list.

P.S. The version I have is way fancier than what I will attach below but for some reasons (IDK!!!) when ran on Kindle it crashes. Anyways, please let me know what you think, and how we can improve it.

Now let's play Go on the go.
Enjoy it

And by the way, do I have small hands and fingers?! hahahaha but seriously, I wanted to use most of the screen so designed border numbers microscopic, let me know if you like it. The font is a pixel font from dafont.com

Hello cscat. I t looks nice, thanks

Are the settings & "i" buttons supposed to respond?

Now I need to find more info' on "Go".......
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
pepeks
pepeks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is this only for kindle touch? Is there any version for the no touch models?
pepeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
zhanzr
zhanzr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Great!

By the way , have you considered an AI engine?
zhanzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Wow! Cool! That's exactly what I needed.

I aggree that AI for different kyu/dan levels would rock. But still cool!
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Just a small comment. Why does the file external.sh have .sh extension if it is javascript file (.js)? Also the following should do what you want in one run, no need for temporary files and multiple sed invocations:

Code:
find sgf/ -iname '*.sgf' | sed -e '1ivar sgfFiles = [' -e '$ { s/.*/"\0" ]/;p;d }' -e 's/.*/"\0",/' > player/external.js
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JB?

Do I have to Jailbreak the Kindle in order to use this? Also, how to use the ssh command?

Cheers
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
kiri57
kiri57 will become famous soon enoughkiri57 will become famous soon enoughkiri57 will become famous soon enoughkiri57 will become famous soon enoughkiri57 will become famous soon enoughkiri57 will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle touch
We are Go players and very interested in this add on. I too am wondering
if it requires the jailbreak? Haven't done that yet, and am a little hesitant.

On the Go topic -- I made a post about some online sites to play Go that
work in the Kindle Touch browser:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185652
kiri57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
lkewei
lkewei began at the beginning.

I love to play Go on my Kindle. But It is not working on my kindle. Is this app working on anyone's device? or it is just me?
lkewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
msxer
msxer began at the beginning.

I followed the instructions but it doesn't appear on launcher menu.
msxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Number three on the list:
http://boardgamegeek.com/abstracts/browse/boardgame

And the copy that Amazon sells doesn't even run on the Amazon Kindle.
Yes, I love Weiqi/Weichi/Go/Igo dude... Do you think Amazon will buy this if I offer it? How should I proceed (if at all)? <- Not that I don't love free apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxer View Post
Can you make sure you have the following folder please? /mnt/us/extensions/games/KinGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkewei View Post
I love to play Go on my Kindle. But It is not working on my kindle. Is this app working on anyone's device? or it is just me?
ummm, it's working on mine! Can you explain more what you've done? Did you follow instructions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Hello cscat. I t looks nice, thanks
Are the settings & "i" buttons supposed to respond?
Now I need to find more info' on "Go".......
You're welcome... Those button show/hide various control panels of the game. Scroll up/down (or even better view this WAF app in your computer) to notice the changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeks View Post
Is this only for kindle touch? Is there any version for the no touch models?
This is just for Touch my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhanzr View Post
Great!
By the way , have you considered an AI engine?
I might consider it but not now as I don't have much time... you guys can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyoxi View Post
Just a small comment. Why does the file external.sh have .sh extension if it is javascript file (.js)? Also the following should do what you want in one run, no need for temporary files and multiple sed invocations.
Thanks Nyoxi! I applied your suggestion. No particular reason for .sh extension, just chill man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiri57 View Post
We are Go players and very interested in this add on. I too am wondering
if it requires the jailbreak? Haven't done that yet, and am a little hesitant.
Pismire and Kiri57. Yes it should be jailbroken. And thanks for that post by the way Kiri57.

Sorry for my late replies everyone.
And by the way, this WAF is not meant to be in landscape mode (for now), so make sure you haven't used Orientation launcher.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
ugumba
ugumba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by msxer View Post
Same for me.
The zip seems to contain only the game code etc, not the Launcher integration (config.xml, menu.json, ...) that I'm used to from other extensions.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the effort, anyway!
ugumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
thatworkshop
hub

I uploaded it again and this should be working for everyone... There was a small issue and it wasn't showing the GUI menu.

Oh as now I officially have a shiny new website, I chose to put it there (see first post or here). Please enjoy it and don't forget to feedback (both about KinGo and my website ).

I'll be working on remote viewing/editing of games in near future too.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
madawei
madawei began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I uploaded it again and this should be working for everyone... There was a small issue and it wasn't showing the GUI menu.
Oh as now I officially have a shiny new website, I chose to put it there (see first post or here). Please enjoy it and don't forget to feedback (both about KinGo and my website ).
I'll be working on remote viewing/editing of games in near future too.
I cannot download,please give me via email,thanks!my email:
madawei2699@gmail.com
madawei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go game, igo, kindle touch, wei chi, wei qi