Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Reading light floor lamp

Hello dear readers,

I would like to purchase floor lamp for reading.

I have found a few...but I have no idea what to choose:

Alex Floor Light - With Dimmer £250

Franklite SL144 Adjustable Reading Lamp £140

NaturaLight Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp £70

ANTIFONI £40

IKEA 365+ BRASA £65

Arc polished chrome floorstand £180

Searchlight 2731BC Halogen £93

Searchlight 3861BC Task Lamps £82

Dar HAL4922 Halo 1 light £57

Halo Floor Lamp £57

I must say that there is no reflection in this room, it is a conservatory, almost like a green house
I need a good bright light. If it is a power saving version - good, but not necessary.

Please help me
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like two of them more than others.
Amazon's NaturaLight Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp and the posh Alex Floor Light - With Dimmer.
However, the latter is very expensive. I don't spend that much time in conservatory and I am not sure the price is justifiable.
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Your Naturalight looks exactly like my ott-light that I use for sewing.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...PRODID=prd2655

Very bright, true color lamp, and the head is flexible. I love it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Your Naturalight looks exactly like my ott-light that I use for sewing.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...PRODID=prd2655

Very bright, true color lamp, and the head is flexible. I love it.
Agreed. The Naturalight one looks like the two my parents have. They each have them next to their reading chairs.

We looked into the Ott ones, but they were very expensive. So, we looked for others that used the same type lamp bulbs and ended up with the nonbrand named ones.

Mom loved it so much she purchased a floor lamp one for their motor home also.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
+1 more. Looks just like my Ott floor lamp. I really do like that type of wide-spectrum bulb an flex-neck adjustment for reading.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I can recommend this one:

http://www.visionenhancers.co.uk/lighting-c-12.html

which I purchased for a friend who suffers with an eye condition which means she needs daylight type lighting to be able to read.

It gives a very blue/white light and she loves it as it means she can read at any time.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Mother in law has one just like the natural light but in black. She likes it.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert

Thanks guys. Looks like Amazon's NaturaLight Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp £70 wins , so far...it needs better 2/3's approval However, I am almost sure she will be happy because it is a rare occasion when I don't choose the most expensive model
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like Amazon's NaturaLight Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp £70 wins , so far...it needs better 2/3's approval However, I am almost sure she will be happy because it is a rare occasion when I don't choose the most expensive model
Heres a thought. If you want the light for reading purposes, why would you want a dimmer?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Heres a thought. If you want the light for reading purposes, why would you want a dimmer?
The very expensive light I have mentioned might be too bright? Create a glare on the reader? A dimmer could be useful in this particular situation. I have no idea how bright this light is. They say 6 times brighter than 60W, but I believe it is marketing. They also sell other lights that are 4 times brighter than 60W, then they say the lights use G9 40W bulb and I have it at home and it is at the best as bright as 60W. So...
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
I bought this one from Sears two years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Grandrich-Read.../dp/B0006U66GQ

Sears promised delivery by a certain date, which they did not meet and I sent them an email inquiring about the shipment. They apologized, and two days later I had a FedEx box on my door step with 2 of these lamps inside (I only ordered one). The lamps work pretty well, but the light is a very bright white; I would have preferred a somewhat softer tone. But I can't complain about the 2 for 1 deal.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Dimmer can be nice actually changes the mood, lets you adjust exactly how much light you want or need.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
astra
The Introvert

I received NaturaLight Craft & Hobby Floor Reading Lamp today.
Very good reading light indeed. Although, ugly one Reminds me of a street light. Or a big shovel...
All in all, very good. It is not for the house only for conservatory so, it doesn't really matter how it looks. What matters is the light itself and it is very good, also it is only 22W, while it is brighter than any standard 100W bulb.
My better 2/3s is happy too, so it was a good choice.
Thank you all for good tips
Old 10-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yay! I am glad it was a good choice.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I use an Ikea lamp similar to this Lersta (mine is black). I purchased a bright white CFL bulb for it. I like the adjustable head and it's cheap!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote