Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
MarlaChristy
MarlaChristy began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
We're on holiday here in France, so that's probably why they or rather "she" hasn't answered yet.

I recently had a problem with my Opus (I let it fall ...) and the service was great. the young woman who does the after sales service is adorable. I went to their offices. It's amazing to think such a small place is competing with Sony and Amazon.

The service I had was perfect, my Opus was actually replaced

Kudos to Bookeen!
MarlaChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
TheSeeR
TheSeeR began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Hum, where did you get the 2.0 firmware !!!!!

You have a colored Opused and using Public 2.0 firmwre is really a bad thing to do, you may brick your device or render it unusable/unupdatable...

Never, I really say *NEVER* use 2.0 Public Firmware on Opuses "2.0" *NEVER*

Try to redownload the 2.1 from the bookeen website in case of theire have reported corrupted download on the 2.1/1.6 firmware that could brick the device. Please be careful.
Well, getting 2.0 firmware was not as hard as it sounds >,< Just surf Google.

And when u say "never use 2.0 firmware", I'm starting to wonder how it turned to be that I had 2.0 firmware preinstalled onto my Opus? I've checked the version before installing 2.1 - it was 2.0!

Quote:
Try to redownload the 2.1 from the bookeen website in case of theire have reported corrupted download on the 2.1/1.6 firmware that could brick the device. Please be careful.
thnx, I'll try that, but I guess it won't work... =( That bloody loading pic doesnt' leave the screen, although installation process starts perfectly. But when turning the book on, the starting pic blinks, and then stucks.

As for sending my device to Bookeen. Guess that it'll take to long, as I'm located in Russia. I'll first try to replace my device in the store where I bought it.

P.S.: PC doesn't see the book anymore. It only charges it through the USB slot.

Last edited by TheSeeR; 11-03-2010 at 01:35 AM.
TheSeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The 2.0 that was 'preiunstalled" on your Opus was not the same build as the Public 2.0 version and there is no public 2.0 that support Colored Opus. Using a Public 2.0 build will semi brick a Colored Opus.

I never say that you can't download or find the public 2.0, just that the public 2.0 is NOT*COMPATIBLE with Colored Opus, and it MUST NOT be used with Colored Opus. There is a bug in the Bookeen upgrade tool that will make the 2.0 update run on Colored Opus, where it should refuse normaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeR View Post
P.S.: PC doesn't see the book anymore. It only charges it through the USB slot.
The version your installed is NOT*COMPATIBLE with your Opus, so don't expect it to work.

Last edited by Godzil; 11-03-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Just get 2.1 from bookeen's website
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
TheSeeR

Quote:
The version your installed is NOT*COMPATIBLE with your Opus, so don't expect it to work.
I'm telling you, first I tried to install 2.1 firmware from the Bookeen website. And that stucked my book. 2.0 installation was a desperate act =) And I did it after installing "corrupt" 2.1.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #21
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

anyway, after installing a currpted 2.1 you would may be able to reinstall it correctly, now that you installed a non compatible 2.0 your opus is in a more bad state
Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
TheSeeR

Quote:
now that you installed a non compatible 2.0 your opus is in a more bad state
can't tell anything about that, cause the state after installing 2.1 and 2.0 was the same >,<
And why's the official firmware from Bookeen website is corrupt? That's what I'm thinking about.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #23
baloma
baloma began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
my cybook opus has been replaced with a new one, and until now, there is no problem anymore...
baloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #24
TheSeeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloma View Post
my cybook opus has been replaced with a new one, and until now, there is no problem anymore...
so there's no solution to the problem? I'm in Russia, and it'll take months to get it delivered...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #25
TheSeeR

Received an answer from Bookeen support. Cannot tell what they suggested, cause info is for private use only, but this thing can format my book. Pity that I've already handled it to the service. I'd rather do that procedure myself.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
Flemming
Flemming began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 Gold Edition
Flashing Boot screen

Hi Everyone
I am new member, and I hope someone could help me, I have a big problems.
My unit is Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold Edition. (400 mhz)
It came with Firmware 2.0 Adobe
My first book where in Mobipocket prc Protectet format
So updated the Firmware to 1.6 No problem there it works fine, later I find out that my local City library only have books in PDF protected format I have to download the Firmware 2.1 from Bookeen so I could read the books, and now I got problems. When i update the firmware I got an update error and when turned it on the first picture came up but when the second picture whit the little boot picture it started flashing, try updating again but same result. I double check that it is the right file even downloaded again to be sure. Nothing help so I updated the unit to Mobipocket 1.6 again and set RTC (real time clock) and it works fine I don’t understand why I not can update the unit to 2.1. I have tried to find the ver. 2.0 but no result.
Have send 3 email to Bookeen but no answer.
I really hope someone can help me. Sorry about my English is not so good (I am Danish)
Thanks for a really good forums
Flemming
Email arildsen@os.dk
Flemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Flemming

Someone should step in soon with help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #28
Godzil

Constantly switching firmware is generaly a BAD idea. You will wear the internal flash quickly by doing this, or get the risk to brick the device.

I don't recommands to use the 1.5/2.0 public firmware at all, especially if your device was send with a newer version (the build is the best information, better than firmware version)

What is the start of your device serial number?

Try to redownload the 2.1 firmware, it seems that the newest bookeen server tend to do bad download, and it's look like that the installer may not detect them...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #29
Flemming
Flemming began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 Gold Edition
Boot problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Constantly switching firmware is generaly a BAD idea. You will wear the internal flash quickly by doing this, or get the risk to brick the device.

I don't recommands to use the 1.5/2.0 public firmware at all, especially if your device was send with a newer version (the build is the best information, better than firmware version)

What is the start of your device serial number?

Try to redownload the 2.1 firmware, it seems that the newest bookeen server tend to do bad download, and it's look like that the installer may not detect them...
Hi an thanks for your reply

the serial number is E60420B11605B00234

i have redownloded the firmwawre but stil the same.

i have a feeling that i had done bad things fomatet the cybook drive without having take the backup of the system dir but stil i dont now why i cant update to 2.1 original it was 2.0

The installer can update to Mobi so i think that the installer is ok
Flemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #30
Godzil

So don't even think to try to update to public 1.5/2.0 with such a device or you may brick it!