Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #31
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Although costs have increased everywhere, I find DecalGirl's current shipping charges outrageous. $12.97 (within U.S.) for two skins. I just checked my invoice for two skins I purchased just 4 months ago and the shipping charge was $6.56.

That's nearly a 98% increase! I know shipping costs have risen everywhere but this is ridiculous. I'd like to know how they justify it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #32
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
This is what I mean
That's gorgeous! I'm definitely going to try it.

disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #33
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Although costs have increased everywhere, I find DecalGirl's current shipping charges outrageous. $12.97 (within U.S.) for two skins. I just checked my invoice for two skins I purchased just 4 months ago and the shipping charge was $6.56.

That's nearly a 98% increase! I know shipping costs have risen everywhere but this is ridiculous. I'd like to know how they justify it.
That's weird, I just ordered 2 skins from them and the shipping to friends in the US was $7.75
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:57 AM   #34
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
That's weird, I just ordered 2 skins from them and the shipping to friends in the US was $7.75
Hmm... I will call them and inquire.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #35
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I've been looking at the price for France, and the shipping for one skin is $14.05. I've also seen there is a 25% reduction until 26 November using the PRE25 code.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #36
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm tempted but I want a skin for my Voyage as well and the shiping is so high I need to order all together.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-13-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
That's gorgeous! I'm definitely going to try it.

Thank you I hope you will not be disappointed.

I ordered 3 skins and got a message they already shipped I can't wait!
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #38
cct1
Connoisseur
cct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trollscct1 doesn't feed trolls

Device: multiple
I really want a skin for the Voyage, so I'm waiting too. I have one on my basic kindle, and I really like it. I'll probably get one for the Voyage and H20, as the H20 bezel does seem to like fingerprints. But I REALLY want to cover the page turn buttons on the Voyage, for some OCD reason they really are distracting to me.
cct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #39
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
I ordered 3 skins and got a message they already shipped I can't wait!
Same here, shipped yesterday. Moronically I placed my first order bypassing the registration, then decided I wanted another skin and ordered the second one after registering. So I ended up with two parallel orders and double shipping fee (yup, that's how my brain works sometimes). After realizing the absurdity of the situation I mailed their support asking them if they could fix things by merging the two orders into one and convert the redundant shipping fee into a third skin. Which they did.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #40
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Same here, shipped yesterday. Moronically I placed my first order bypassing the registration, then decided I wanted another skin and ordered the second one after registering. So I ended up with two parallel orders and double shipping fee (yup, that's how my brain works sometimes). After realizing the absurdity of the situation I mailed their support asking them if they could fix things by merging the two orders into one and convert the redundant shipping fee into a third skin. Which they did.
That's nice of them in my experience they are helpful and fast. Which skins did you order?
Old 11-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #41
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Frankly there's so much choice my head started to swoon at some point. I'm still not sure I managed to chose the coolest skins, I really like the cobalt blue color of the skin you linked but there was't one with a more "boy" oriented image, so I had to pass. In the end I opted for Flying Tree Black (matte) ,Flower Of Fire (glossy) and for the Sacred Honu (matte), cause of the beautiful celeste color . I also like the Van Gogh-uish Waterfall and many more, but, as I said, at some point you have to pick one and stop lokking at others to avoid regretting your choice Damn, wish there was a cobalt blue skin "for him".
Old 11-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #42
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Frankly there's so much choice my head started to swoon at some point. I'm still not sure I managed to chose the coolest skins, I really like the cobalt blue color of the skin you linked but there was't one with a more "boy" oriented image, so I had to pass. In the end I opted for Flying Tree Black (matte) ,Flower Of Fire (glossy) and for the Sacred Honu (matte), cause of the beautiful celeste color . I also like the Van Gogh-uish Waterfall and many more, but, as I said, at some point you have to pick one and stop lokking at others to avoid regretting your choice Damn, wish there was a cobalt blue skin "for him".
I fully understand, so many to choose from! I chose one girly fairy tale (Little Red) for sentimental reasons (reminds me of pencil case I had at school when I was little) and this one
https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/2449...ight-Creatures
it was not on the list so they made it especially for H2O - I came across artwork of Robert Steven Connet and couldn't say no. I think you will like them, just type Connet in search box.
ETA: https://www.decalgirl.com/artists/Robert-Steven-Connett
I guess that would be boy enough? The ones you chose are very cool though. What does it say about me that I know which ones they are without looking
The last one I ordered is plain black (I don't tolerate busy bezel for too long)
Old 11-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #43
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Well, I ordered the same one I had for the broken hd (elegy by digital blasphemy) + crucible by the same and blue mosaic by fp. Since the device is black, I want the front skin to be mostly black, so it doesn't distract the reading, and doesn't show my mistakes applying it. The blue mosaic is for the sleep cover I'm going to get sometimes.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #44
yayo
Groupie

Quote:
I came across artwork of Robert Steven Connet and couldn't say no. I think you will like them, just type Connet in search box.
ETA: https://www.decalgirl.com/artists/Robert-Steven-Connett
Wow, I googled him, very interesting, not just the decals, his art in general. Many of the paintings have that "plankton meets Hyeronimus Bosch" feel, including your decal, hehe. And a sense of macabre in some paintings, which I also like. There's absolutely nothing wrong with fairy tales either, i like the motives of traditional fairy tales, especially if they're depicted with a sort of naif-folk-art approach
Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #45
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
My skins are due to me today! So speedy, that Decal Girl :]

Went with my standby Valentina Ramos - I have her Sugar Skull on my HD and my phone. I think her Helios will look great on the H20's backside. I may or may not skin the front, depending on how distracting I find the layout of the design when it gets here. My HD is only skinned on the back, as the bezel stopped being a fingerprint magnet after a bit of use, and the matte skin helped increase the grippy-ness (?) of the HD's slick back.

I get the matte finish now, as I didn't care for the feel of the shiny type on my Sony 300. It looked great though on Van Gogh's 'Irises'.

I also picked up 'Wild Flowers' to do up a case Chi Cygni-style. Just waiting on the case to get here from China now.

I did put in a request for the H20 to be added to the Customs section. DC made me the one in the attached pix for my Mini, and it would look even better on a larger device.

Can't wait to see how everyone else's look all decked out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E300BB2D-B4AE-429F-8FD6-BA50BB5016B6.0.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	131078   Click image for larger version

Name:	E300BB2D-B4AE-429F-8FD6-BA50BB5016B6.1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	131079  
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote