Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Crash500
Crash500 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyager, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura
ComfortLight Issue?

Hi...I tend to read the forums a lot more than I post but I had a question about the Aura HD that I just purchased that I'm hoping somebody can answer for me.

I've had the reader for a couple days and have to say I'm really enjoying it. I've gone through many eReaders over the years (started out with a Rocketbook) and this is by far my favorite.

Anyway, I am noticing with the comfortlight on and looking straight at the screen that there is a slight glow from the left 2 light sources on the bottom of the screen. The 3 to the right of them I wouldn't even know they were there without tilting the device. This isn't such a big deal except that there is a dark shadow above those lighted areas.

I just wanted to see if this was normal? I've done some reading on the lighting and I don't think it is but wanted to get some feedback before I called for an exchange. If it is normal I can live with it but if not I would rather try to get one without the issue.

Thanks for any help!

Ken
Crash500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I don't see this on my Aura. On my device, the lighting is even across the bottom with ever so slight smudging distributed evenly across the bottom. I'll point out that I have to look for the smudging to notice it.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
That happens to every brand. It really is a personal thing if you can or can't accept it. If you are a person who keeps looking-at-it, and looking-at-it, you should exchange for another one.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
Crash500
Crash500 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyager, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura
I guess I'll give them a call today and see what they can do. I have a feeling this is going to be my reader for a long time so I would like to have the best I can. Maybe I'll see if I can order another one and send back the old one after receiving it. Thanks for the help!
Crash500 is offline   Reply With Quote