Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
gris
Connoisseur
gris began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sonyt2,
i cannot really explain it, but when the prize is 10 or 20 bucks lower i would buy immediate. it is some psy restriction, but, sorry, i really no real psycho, i hope and think. feel other exper the same thing. like pocketbook, always bein about some prize, sudden it dropped about 10 and i was allowed to buy.

i do not really think i don't appreciate work or that i am sort of envy.

sure selling accessoires at seperate woul be a possible choice of selling device cheaper. one could make complete offer with all the stuff, one without it, for variaty purpose, i for my care have acover already where i could put the onyx in.

sales is an important point, there must be a reason why the technical gees in the world are not at same the richest and leaders. more a sad thing in my eyes.

and some marketing is not bad, seldom was ereader.store recommended in forums i was. not much talking about onyx boox m92, despite many were asking for a big reader for stupid big pdfs.

now come me, and i will tell, but, when the many others won't that were before me, then newcomer to the reader world don't have it too easy.

i was searching, and the search was not too easy, for the fact that the reader is that good. i would say that it is really to sell.

and that mr. booxstore from ebookreaderstore made this possible too with his firmware is too not the most communicated thing.

and why shouldn't booxstore be allowed to let the software to be bought from other companys if they want to use it. i would do that if possible.

edit:
i would not change the domain name, but one could tell a little on the website how it is, what's the deal about the shop and it's support, like new customers not really know what, why and how. like the advantages with the warranty, the firmware support, for example

why must i as poor customer search a year in a forum for getting such information. sure one should not sound to boastfully, but if it is information and it is correct, then it is a reason, and if one wants to sell and make monnnnnnnnney$$$$$$$$

Last edited by gris; 01-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.
gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, the price is 10-20 EUR lower. 70 EUR difference is just optical effect.

For M92 you need good cover, the screen is much more fragile and more expensive than the tablet one.

Also Booxstor explained that some cheap power sources may destroy Boox. So, you need also verified power source (if you do not use charging from PC).

Again, thing may go wrong even after one year warranty. So, 2 is better than 1.

But I agree with your opinion on marketing. It is important and Booxstor might improve this aspect of sales.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
gris
Connoisseur

and does this ominous booxstore manage other onyx products with firmware too? what i a good hardware without a good firmware or just the onyx m92. is the onyx a definite buy or just because of the firmware improvements. does this rebranded icarus for example too use booxstore?

aah i remember you said booxstore is official onyx firmware for m92, but that answers my questions just a little.

Last edited by gris; 01-28-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post

For M92 you need good cover, the screen is much more fragile and more expensive than the tablet one.

Also Booxstor explained that some cheap power sources may destroy Boox. So, you need also verified power source (if you do not use charging from PC).

But I agree with your opinion on marketing. It is important and Booxstor might improve this aspect of sales.
Yes, you've right. But for reduce the cost, you could say that it's the buyer's responsibility and sold only the device. Booxtor give an advice. For some customers, the minus it's the better, they could think that they're deceive if they must buy some accessories.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Yes.

But I guess, Russian distributor also contributes for good of all users. There is Russian hyphenation in Coolreader.

Even I or other participants of this forum have helped all Onyx users (even Arta Tech) ones. We completely, or partially translated user interface to our languages.

Booxstor promised me a small discount in his shop as thanks for my work. I did not get any thanks from Arta Tech for my work, not speaking about some financial benefit. And guy from Arta Tech reads/used to read this Onyx forum...

I do not know if Icarus is the top model from M92 line. If yes, there should be no problem to install Booxstor firmware. I know there used to be problem to install it on lower models of M92 (without audio output, without touch screen capability). The problem was that instalation procedure checked if there is hardware expected and there was not - things were missing. So, instalation procedure was interupted. If you are interested in details, ask in Russian thread in this Onyx forum.

I would not say the Boxstor firmware is official Onyx firmware. It is rebranded official Onyx firmware. I do not know what exactly is Booxstor's position in firmware development. But I know for sure that he can manage that things are fixed and/or changed. I experienced it many times. So, he must have quite a influence on SW development.

But it is not important.

I see you acknowledge importance of firmware development, so you may support it by buying M92 in Booxstor's. It is just 10-20 EUR more. Few beers.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
gris
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post

ok, i can see that the offer is not worse than other cheaper ones.

i didn't follow the threads well, so i cannot say about the firmware improvements and i don't know the previous ones. an not if onyx by itself or others are resp. for good firm. i just trust you

and i like open things, but sure credit is needed somehow
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I don't want to say much. Buy from Booxstor, support Booxstor. I am sick of inattentive and unsupportive sellers.
Booxstor, I suggest that you advertise your support in your site. It is worth much more than 10-20 Euros.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by gris View Post
and does this ominous booxstore manage other onyx products with firmware too? what i a good hardware without a good firmware or just the onyx m92
Booxtor shop sells and support not only M92 but also i62hd/Firefly.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote