Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Music wants to be free!

As you do certainly know, music of composers like Beethoven, Brahms, Sibelius or Tchaikovsky is out of copyright. However, the different high-quality recordings of their music are copyrighted.

I want to introduce you to a great project which intends to pay a renowned orchestra to produce a high-quality recording of these composers' symphonies and release it to the Public Domain, making it available to everyone for any purpose (independent film projects are an example, but noone's got harmed by listening to Beethoven's Eroica ).

Donations have been running fine, and the funding is almost there, 85% is already funded and 15 days are left. However, I think a final push can be made so the project goes forward. It was already cancelled once, but this time we're almost done! Plus, the more you donate, the bigger benefits you'll get from the project!

More information can be acquired here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...out-copyrights

Donations can be made through Amazon's purchasing system, but the project owner listened to a suggestion of mine so the project is fundable through Paypal too:

http://www.musopen.com/donate.php

I've been lurking for a while in Mobileread and I know there are people fond of classical music, so I hope Musopen can get your backing. It got mine for sure!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote