Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
sony color?

there is any clue about when and which carachteristics will have the new sony?
Actually I would like a kind of t1 with a screen 8 inches, tiny and with color technology.
Also I really hope could sync notes with my android pdf (repligo reader, ezpdf)
and also I really hope will be possible to export the notes without metatagswho use them? I am highlighting ONLY with android because I do not want to export them via pc and deleting all the extra info (prs 650), I saw that there is a software made by a smart user, but I would like to buy one inbuilted device that use directly the wifi to email me

Last edited by trocchietto; 05-07-2012 at 10:55 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
You can't have any of that ....... nobody else has done it first.....

( Cruel, I know, but one can't be too forgiving, or they won't take any notice of customers.
Oh, I forgot.... they don't anyway. )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

grrr. at the moment i survive with a prs650 and a super samsung pt6800 7.7

I cannot complain but still playing chess under the sun and read comics is challenging also with retina and superamoled screen
Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
THere is yet another rumor that the new Kindle will have a color screen. Sony can snag it from them.

(ducks)

(looking over her shoulder yells)

"Hey Amazon snagged the touchscreen from Sony so it is not all that bad a trade"
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
DolphinHD
DolphinHD is on a distinguished road

Device: iriver StoryHD, Nexus 7
Sorry there will be no Kindle with color screen this year.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...dle-this-year/
DolphinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I did say it was a rumor. I can't get to the article at work but I'll look when I get home.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120509PD219.html

The article that said it. (shrugs)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
there is any clue about when and which carachteristics will have the new sony?
Actually I would like a kind of t1 with a screen 8 inches, tiny and with color technology.
Also I really hope could sync notes with my android pdf (repligo reader, ezpdf)
and also I really hope will be possible to export the notes without metatagswho use them? I am highlighting ONLY with android because I do not want to export them via pc and deleting all the extra info (prs 650), I saw that there is a software made by a smart user, but I would like to buy one inbuilted device that use directly the wifi to email me
How about the Sony Tablet S: 9.4" screen, comes preloaded with Sony Reader for Tablets. Since it also runs Android, you could probably do the synching of notes with one of the numerous apps that help sync data across devices.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I hope Sony comes out with a larger screen reader with a hi-resolution display that's not using glass. I would love for Sony to have the first mainstream reader that is unable to have the screen shattered by dropping it or putting too much pressure on it. Also, I hope the contrast improves as well. Now that would be a real coup.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope Sony comes out with a larger screen reader with a hi-resolution display that's not using glass. I would love for Sony to have the first mainstream reader that is unable to have the screen shattered by dropping it or putting too much pressure on it. Also, I hope the contrast improves as well. Now that would be a real coup.
Yeah, but - and remember I'm a bit of a Sonyhugger - it won't work out of the box, the junkware'll be awful, the first two fixes won't work/will make it worse, Support won't want to know, retailers'll get fed up, it'll cost an arm and 7 toes ....................... and on and on and on ..........

Alas.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
How about the Sony Tablet S: 9.4" screen, comes preloaded with Sony Reader for Tablets. Since it also runs Android, you could probably do the synching of notes with one of the numerous apps that help sync data across devices.
I like sony as i have a reader and the best digital headphones with noise cancelling (350 EU) but still an lcd sony tablet is not what I am looking for:
1) is an LCD ( you can not read outside also if were and it is not retina or Super Amoled)
2) Is too big to be portable, the best format is 7.7 no way, e ink color to read comics and play chess with Android and still portable.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
trocchietto
Addict

Pixel Qi?