Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #25336
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
He is not pulling on his ears and there is no fever. We can't see any teeth coming in or feel anything. But who knows. Something is happening, his breathing is funky, he seems to be fine but I am freaked out. He sleeps flat. Well, his head is on the mattress and his butt elevated. It is very cute.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #25337
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Would it help him (and you) when he sleeps one night or two together with you in your bed? Or is this not possible?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #25338
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He ends up sleeping with us. Well, he ends up sleeping on me. Not the best night sleep for me. That isn't awful but the ramp up to get there is. We don't want to co-sleep, we do it when necessary, but we strongly prefer he sleeps in his crib. Once a week isn't bad, three or four times a week is not good for my health. He will not sleep on his father.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #25339
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck with the little guy, ProfCrash.

Tea #2 standing by.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #25340
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Good luck with the little one, ProfCrash. I don't remember going through this, but then it was a LONG time ago and besides, it was the 60's. And you know what they say about the 60's -- "If you can remember them, you weren't in them."

A mug of Lung Ching Dragonwell. I've got 10 hours of work to squeeze into 4 hours. And not getting the answers in email I need.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #25341
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Lucas is fine, of course, just strong willed. So I need to be better about letting him cry it out. Ugggghhhhh
Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #25342
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Mug o' tea #4.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #25343
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Slimming coffee in my cup right now. hahaha
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #25344
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyU0P6iqyw4 )

Good (early) morning, everyone! I guess no one in the building is awake yet, 'cuz the Internet is actually moving. I'm typing as fast as I can to get all my work done before it all comes to a screeching slug-pace! I have Twinings' "English Breakfast" tea in my mug (can't wait for my boxes to arrive so I can drink really good tea again,) and another breakfast from the lady downstairs. Today it's 'pad grapow gai,' 'mu yauw,' and khow niow (Thai 'sticky rice.' ) Pretty healthy, low calorie, VERY spicy, extremely delicious, and ridiculously cheap! Another 65 cent breakfast.

I've contracted with another Internet provider for some better service. They will come tomorrow to do the installation of something. I signed up for the 13MPS service, but can upgrade that if it doesn't work well enough for streaming video. I'm ready. Just in the time it took to type this, there has been a significant slow-down in the internet speed.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #25345
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas is fine, of course, just strong willed. So I need to be better about letting him cry it out. Ugggghhhhh
Pulling on his ear was how I knew my son had an ear ache, too. Have you tried elevating the head of his bed? It does help some kids sleep, I've heard. Then again he may be just as you say and be very strong willed because he knows that you will give in at some point. I'm glad it isn't anything else. Good Luck.

Fresh coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #25346
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Talisker. That kind of day. But better now.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #25347
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Oh he is just strong willed. He knows what he wants and how he has gotten it in the past. He doesn't do this at day care at nap time and lays fine on his cot. Off for a third trip to offer water, a song,a kiss, and let him know we hear him but he has to stay in his crib.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #25348
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My son was the same way. I had to turn off the baby monitors and send his mom to bed cause she could not handle it. I would then camp out near his door so I could hear if something actually happened that need parental help, but for the most part I just let him cry himself a sleep.

Swaddling him helped a lot, for many many months.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #25349
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Lucas kicked off his swaddle by three months. Hated it. There are nights that getting him into footie pajamas is a bit of a fight. I went and checked on him at 10 minutes, 30 minutes, and 45 minutes then let him cry. I checked on him this morning and he had his funky, I have been crying for hours breathing going on. You know, that hitchy type breath that you get from time to time when you have been crying hard? He has the while sleeping. (sigh)

My parents get in on Tuesday, so I would like for him to get back into his old patterns by then which is why we started during the week. Last night was his first night without a bottle so that probably did not help things.

I am tired but I know that it will get better.

Puerh in my cup.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #25350
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
It will get better. The hard part is making it through without giving in and reinforcing the fact to Lucas that you do give in. Hang in there.

Coffee in my cup and I think this is going to be a "need two cups" to wake up day.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?