Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #1
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I can only see 6 fonts

I've put loads of TrueType fonts (20+) on my Gen3 to try, but it only shows me 6 when I go via the menu.
I've looked on Google and on here and followed Harry's advice here

A: Create a folder called "Fonts" (the name is case sensitive) under the "CyBook" USB drive and add your TrueType or OpenType fonts to it. If, when you add a new font, it doesn't appear in the selector, go to the "system" folder, and delete the file ".fonts.cache-1". The new fonts should now appear when the Gen3 exits USB connectivity mode.

Plug into USB port, turn reader on, delete fonts cache via PC, safely disconnect USB device on PC to write buffers, unplug from USB port, turn reader off, turn reader on again.

But it's still only showing me the same six fonts.

Before I waste any more time messing about with it, I thought I'd better check that there's not a limit of 6 fonts on the reader or anything obvious I'm missing.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
No, there is no limit. And you really deleted the .fonts.cache-1 file? The file might not be visible since it start with a .
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I did delete it, thanks Tommy.
But I'll try again now I know it's not limited to 6.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I had 16 or 18 fonts installed once (can't remember the exact number im afraid) and the font menu reached from the top to the bottom of the screen - I haven't tried if the fontsize gets smaller if the number increases or how the Cybook handles "too many" fonts - I would try to start with a total of 16 fonts and work my way up to see how/if it works out.

Last edited by Pulp; 11-21-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader

Right, tried it with a dozen and still the same. My method seems OK (or at least I've done the same thing wrong twice).
So the next logical thing must be perhaps the font files aren't all they should be.
I'll try it with some different ones when I have time.
Thanks for the replies anyway guys.

ps last time I plugged into the USB and turned it on, the cybook froze at the first of the screens (with Clinton's book), so now I know the reset button works too
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Are they different fonts? When you put several variants of the same font (bold, italic...) the Cybook displays only the font family name in the menu.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
Ned
Ebook reader

You got it Jellby. I was trying to do several variations of six fonts and it's just taken one of each. Problem solved, thank you
Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To clarify, the Gen3' "font" screen lists font "families", not individual fonts. Most "full" fonts will have four files in the "family" - the "base" font, plus italic, bold, and bold-italic versions. Adding all four files will only add a single name - that of the "family" - to the font list on the Gen3.

The fact that the Gen3 does properly support font families is a significant benefit over some over devices, such as the Sony Reader, which "synthesise" bold and italic fonts, rather than using "real" ones.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote