Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Pete_D
Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pete_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Truncated Table of Contents

Hi All:

It's my first time posting, so please be gentle (or at least, send me flowers afterwards).

I tried to convert a fairly long RTF file using Calibre. It only showed 60 entries in the TOC (there are actually 71 in the document). All chapters after the 60th were in the resulting file, but the TOC only went to 60. Is this a max setting for Calibre, or have I bollixed something up? Unfortunately, I don't know HTML, XML, or any other "ML".
Pete_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Tried converting it in Writer2ePub?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I had the same problem with a 100-chapter book. Since it was my own book, and an alphabetical reference of around 100 subjects, I rethought it and grouped them into about 15 by alphabet, eg, ABC etc. Worked fine.

And it wasn't just with rtf. I run my rtfs through Dreamweaver, as HTML files, to get all the links done. Calibre still didn't seem to like the 100 chapters.

As it turned out, the redesign wasn't a bad thing...the ebook is easier to use in the grouped layout.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toc creation