Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Sort by Calibre Folder ID

Can the books be sorted by the Calibre Folder IDs?

I know the IDs can be displayed in the book details screen.

But don't see a way to display that column in the library display.

I would assume I need to make a custom column?

Thanks,
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Make a custom column "built from other columns". Set the template to {id}. Set the Search/Sort type to number.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post
Can the books be sorted by the Calibre Folder IDs?

I know the IDs can be displayed in the book details screen.

But don't see a way to display that column in the library display.

I would assume I need to make a custom column?

Thanks,
'Natural order' (un-sorted), original{id} order closesly follows the Date column if you do not change that value.

I noted original{id} because I believe there are events that impose a new ID number

Having to burden the database with a custom column to get at something that exists naturally tends to 'off' my sensibilities .

By default, Calibre starts with the last sorted column
OR
using the tweak: ID: sort_columns_at_startup
'None' being the standard behavior (above)

sort_columns_at_startup = [('id',0)]
works on Windows for the initial startup of a Calibre session
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I noted original{id} because I believe there are events that impose a new ID number
New id numbers only happen when book records are deleted and readded, probably through save to disk. (copying to-from staging libraries would do the same.)

Even Restore database uses the same id numbers from the filename. (I guess it recycles the numbers after the last one?)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
New id numbers only happen when book records are deleted and readded, probably through save to disk. (copying to-from staging libraries would do the same.)

Even Restore database uses the same id numbers from the filename. (I guess it recycles the numbers after the last one?)
Restore DB uses the OPF file which has the id number stored
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote