Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
DX vs K2 with newspapers

I have been looking at some pictures of the kindle dx, and i noticed that it reads newspapers identically to the K2. I was expecting some sort of full page lay out, but it is identical.

DX:

K2:
well you know how it looks..

the only difference.. well it's bigger. but the papers look identical and read the same way (the formatting is identical)! why is amazon saying that the newspaper experience is better?
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm expecting new versions of newspapers in PDF made for the DX.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
hmm i feel slightly cheated by amazon...
i bought my k2 to store some textbooks and newspapers, but then i realized that it would not be possible. However, i realized that it was the closest thing on the market to what i wanted- but then 1 month after purchase: this. ghhhh amazon.
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubikscube99 View Post
i bought my k2 to store some textbooks and newspapers, but then i realized that it would not be possible. However, i realized that it was the closest thing on the market to what i wanted- but then 1 month after purchase: this. ghhhh amazon.
I'd be mad too, in your place.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Maybe you can still return it?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
You can still sell it and use the money towards a DX. There are a lot of people who would be happy to buy a nearly new K2 at a good price.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Maybe it will take publishers a while to reformat the newspapers. I too was expecting a more print like layout, which is great for scanning what interests one.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Doesn't look too different, but I suspect the newspaper would have to release a DX version (or a 9.5" Screen version), which better utilises the space. I don't see tht happening for a while..
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
JazZi
JazZi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Sony PRS-505
I own a K2 and a DX and I think the WashPo on the DX is a far better experience. Not sure what additional formatting could be done that would make it much better.
JazZi is offline   Reply With Quote