Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Question Q: Rooted T1, MoonReader+ audio output?

Hi there, and first of all thank you to Porkupan for the tools - rooting my brand new red T1 was a breeze!

I installed MoonReader, which works just fine. But the reason I decided to try that app, was that it has TTS (text-to-speech). However, I can turn TTS on but am not getting any sound.

Does anyone know if there is support for the T1 audio output, or if there is some setting/driver/whatever that I should install to get it to work?

I love the form factor of my Sony readers, but my old Kindle2 still hangs around just for the TTS feature: I drive several hours a day, and livebeing able to continue listening to the same book I have been reading. (and one gets used to teh TTS voice after a while,lol). So if I could get TTS to work on the T1, with MoonReader+ or any other program, then I would have found the ideal e-reader

Thank you for any comments or ideas you might have!

June
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
unwohltaeter
unwohltaeter is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You have to copy the voice-data on your reader to get it to work.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ng_TTS_to_work

But beware - the voice sounds really shitty.
unwohltaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the reply - I'm not sure where to actually copy the folders, but I'll fiddle around with it
Old 11-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
unwohltaeter
unwohltaeter is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have put them both directly on the Reader (the windows-drive where the books and stuff are stored) and it worked.
But for all I know there aren't any scandinavian languages for the TTS-Service. Maybe you could search on the internet for voice-data to download.
unwohltaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
June
Addict

Thank you again, I got it to work (to be quick about it, I put the folders in a coupleof places, I guess one is the correct one, lol). I mostly read books in English - mere to choose from, but good point about having a look-see for other languages!
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
mab17
mab17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hi, June,

Are you using the free or pro version of Moon+ Reader?

Also, does tapping to move the pages forward or backwards work?

Is there anything that doesn't work when using Moon Reader?
And finally, which dictionary app are you using with it?

Many thanks
mab17 is offline   Reply With Quote