Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #25366
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yup. A Cynic drinking some Oolong, Wuyi something Red Cape
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #25367
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Also a cynic, but drinking Pride of the Port.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #25368
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas made it through the night. I am amazed and not expecting a repeat performance tonight. Call me cynical.
I'm so glad! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you do get a repeat performance tonight!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #25369
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is hoping!

Blue Springs Oolong. I am so going home and taking a nap after work.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #25370
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Skim milk. Thinking about beer. 25 minutes into night two and he has cried non stop.
Quote:
Lucas made it through the night. I am amazed and not expecting a repeat performance tonight. Call me cynical.
Quote:
Here is hoping!

Blue Springs Oolong. I am so going home and taking a nap after work.
Yay, night one, you made it through, and the nap is a great idea. Being consistent is very important and a lesson I learned the hard way. I found all it took was to give in once on something and it was like I had to start all over again. I did find that he did much better (me too) when he had a schedule for specific things like lunch then nap and bath then bedtime.

Fresh coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #25371
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

He has a schedule that he follows every day. There might be slight variations on the weekend because day care needs and home needs are different but other then a slightly different nap time, he eats at the same time and goes to bed at the same time.

The struggle for me is to not cuddle him when he is crying. That is what I have done up until now and that is what he wants but he has to learn to go to sleep on his own.

Neither one of us are big fans of this notion but I understand why it is important. He doesn't. The good news is he will not remember any of this.

Off to home.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #25372
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Send some my way
Laphroaig dispatched to you - in case night 2 proves ... a challenge ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #25373
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Y'all need one of these:

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #25374
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Neither one of us are big fans of this notion but I understand why it is important. He doesn't. The good news is he will not remember any of this.

Off to home.
Eventually, neither will you. I know when our girls went collicky, we had many sleepless nights, but I can't remember much about them, other than the fact my user name was created during them (sang "Rock-a-bye Your Bear" so many times I almost lost my voice). Same with the nights spent trying to break them of the same problem you have with your son. I know they happened, and I know I felt bad about it but I don't remember many details at all. Keep the good memories.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #25375
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me vent and the positive words. I know I am being whiney. We have been blessed that the lack of sleep has been our biggest problem.

I am at Starbucks having Burundi coffee out of the clover machine. It is good but nothing extra special.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #25376
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Thanks for letting me vent and the positive words. I know I am being whiney. We have been blessed that the lack of sleep has been our biggest problem.

I am at Starbucks having Burundi coffee out of the clover machine. It is good but nothing extra special.
Everybody needs to vent sometimes!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #25377
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yup, venting is both necessary and a useful relief valve. And certainly, venting here is better than most alternatives.

Finished the night with a glass of last year's release of La Frenz Chardonnay. We still have 2 more bottles left, which is good, since it's unlikely we can order more this year. And it is lovely.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #25378
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I think we have sleeping through the night down. He woke up, cried for a few seconds, and went back to sleep. I was up before he was. When he did wake up he was thirsty. How do I know this? I walked into the bedroom and found him sitting in his crib drinking from his sippy cup. He took it off the changing table so he could drink.

I have coffee in my cup and Lucas is chucking toys out of his play area. Time to go and play!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #25379
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY!!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #25380
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Hurray!

Sipping tea #1; just about to go get my knee MRI'ed.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?