Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #61
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
This is my first time ordering from Kobo, Do they use USPS, Fedex or UPS for shipping here in the US.
I just got my ship notice, tracking number is FedEx, apparently shipping direct from Hong Kong. This is for both my reader and sleep cover as far as I can tell. The FedEx tracking info says that an indirect signature is required. P.S. Ordered on the 18th

Last edited by graycyn; 04-24-2013 at 05:11 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #62
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
No shipping notice yet...ordered on the 16th, charged on the 19th. Charge card has not be credited back as some of the others and is not pending...I've been charged since the 19th and not hearing anything else is really getting on my nerves (guess I'm too use to Amazon's efficiency). I also got two confirmation emails right away and then nothing.

Hopefully, it will just show up but I have my doubts.............
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #63
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breid View Post
If your order has not shipped, surely you should be able to cancel your order online. I ordered mine online from WHSmith UK and up until I received an email from them today at 4.30pm to say that my device was shipped, I had the option to cancel my order when I checked my account online with them.
Canceling online is not possible. My original order confirmation was via email only -- nothing appeared online. That is part of the problem. Even a request to cancel via phone was not possible -- c.s. was not able to cancel my order and assigned the task to "another level" -- again to be confirmed via email only. Ridiculous.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #64
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
This is my first time ordering from Kobo, Do they use USPS, Fedex or UPS for shipping here in the US.
Some orders are shipped from Kobo in Canada and it seems those orders arrive via USPS. Some orders are shipped via the manufacturing facility in Hong Kong and those arrive via FedEx.

Until people actually get their shipping notice there is no way to tell where the device is originating.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #65
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2720 View Post
No shipping notice yet...ordered on the 16th, charged on the 19th. Charge card has not be credited back as some of the others and is not pending...I've been charged since the 19th and not hearing anything else is really getting on my nerves (guess I'm too use to Amazon's efficiency). I also got two confirmation emails right away and then nothing.

Good luck.
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #66
Skydog
Wizard

It just gets better and better...

After canceling my order this morning, some six hours later I have been charged -- for a third time. (The first two charges last week were reversed by Kobo with no input from me)

Can't wait to have to go through the dispute process now.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #67
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:

Since your credit card was charged your order should still be 'processing' but not yet shipped. I'm in the same boat as you.

Contacted customer service the other day and finally got an email response this afternoon saying my order is in the system but just hasn't shipped yet.

For those who have not received a shipping notification but the credit card has been charged, there just seems to be a delay in getting the orders shipped.

For those who do not see charges to their credit card, I think something got screwed up in the ordering process and they should call c.s. to make sure the orders are in the system.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #68
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Got mine today. The screen and lighting is phenomenal. The Expresso is a gawd-awful shade that's closer to maroon than brown, but it's certainly distinctive.
The screen is a really BIG improvement over the Glo.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:

Your experience sounds like mine, I emailed them a couple days ago and they acknowledged the order with my shipping order number and said it was not expected to ship until the 25th and then I would get a tracking number. I live in Oklahoma City . Ordered on the 18th with my paypal and it completed and paid them on the 19th.

I have always been a Kindle user but have been looking for an epub reader as I use calibre to convert and also the Library Loan here in OKC sometimes only has epub and I hate reading on the overdrive app. This looks like exactly what I was looking for. I have been playing with the Kobo app on my ipad but so far am unimpressed with it. My fav reader is my paperwhite eink.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #70
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Thank you the encouragement grooks! I'm hoping for a shipping notice soon. Janet54, thank you for the update with your email about the shipping on the 25th. That's more than I got in my email response. I got pulled in by the Aura's screen size and resolution. I'm happy with my Kindle PW and K3 but wanted a bigger size for my library books that I have been viewing with my Kobo Mini, which I really like but wanted something bigger for home. I was hoping that the Aura had the same rubber-like coating as the Mini, but from all the reviews from the folks that have received theirs, it's just slick plastic.

At this point, I would just like to receive it before I forget what I wanted it for...
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #71
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I talked to CS today (still not shipped) and was told that the time frame from ordering is 5-15 days. I ordered on the 16th, and confirmed that I might receive shipment notification as late as May the 1st. I was assured that due to the date that my order was placed, I should receive it soon though. I asked CS what does it mean that the order was still being processed? Turns out that boxing and shipping is just taking that long, that is simply all there is too it. It looks like I'll just have to be patient.
If Kobo wants to be a serious competitor to Amazon's Kindle, they have got to get a clue that it starts with the customer service. Their CS and website UI leave A LOT to be desired, and are reason enough to go with another ereader. Sure hope their hardware "wows" me, because I am NOT impressed with my Kobo experience thus far.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #72
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
This is getting ridiculous.
I checked my credit card on-line statement today. KOBO credited back the charge. Credit card company said KOBO did it, credit card company has nothing to do with it. (Sometimes credit card companies are more cautious about a foreign purchase, but not this case, not usually about Canada purchase.)
I called KOBO. There was no record of my order. I asked KOBO, should I order another one? No, they will find out for me.
Guess what, I received a new email invoice: amonut $0, no item in the invoice.
This is ridiculous.
Seems its way too hard to give Kobo $$. They are clearly amateurs in a lot of areas....
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #73
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
You're right, sorry, I was reading!

The screen: in a word, gorgeous! Crisp, bright, beautiful. Lighting is such you don't even realize it's lit per se...it's just even and clear and highly readable.

Screen size: I love it! It looks more "book sized". I've read two full books on it since it came (I told you I'd been reading! That's all I want to do!) and am reading a third, and when I picked up my paperwhite to read a library book, the screen on it seemed small, so it didn't take long to get used to the larger screen on the Aura. I've not tried reading any of the several Dr. Who comic books I have on it because frankly, even on my iPad Mini, I find those difficult to see and read them on my full-size iPad in the Kobo app. I have eye issues so if you're young with youthful eyes, this may not be an issue for you.

Very, very happy with my purchase!
That's great to hear! Thanks a ton for the feedback! The screen size & increased resolution were what threw me over the ledge to order the Aura HD. I like my Kindle Paperwhite, but the 6" screen just seems a little too small for me. I can't wait to see the front lit screen on the Aura - my KPW has some of the well-documented "blotchiness" and the light shadows at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I'm looking forward to seeing Kobo's execution of the technology.

If only their online ordering and customer service were even remotely competitive with Amazon they could be a viable option long term...

Now get back to reading!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #74
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
It just gets better and better...

After canceling my order this morning, some six hours later I have been charged -- for a third time. (The first two charges last week were reversed by Kobo with no input from me)

Can't wait to have to go through the dispute process now.
Crikey, that sounds like a horrendous Kobo experience, I am not surprised you are annoyed with them, I would be furious too.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #75
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I just got my ship notice, tracking number is FedEx, apparently shipping direct from Hong Kong. This is for both my reader and sleep cover as far as I can tell. The FedEx tracking info says that an indirect signature is required. P.S. Ordered on the 18th
Same for me - got my shipping notice this afternoon. Shipping is FedEx directly from Hong Kong; reader & cover appear to be in the same shipment and indirect signature is required - whatever that means!! Delivery shows as 26 April (Friday) before 10:30am :-)