Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Shaleen77
Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS 650
PRS 650 Reader just froze

Hello All

My reader was in standby mode with the standby screen picture on the screen. I moved the power-slide button to resume reading my ebook. The screen correctly displayed the bookmarked-page of the epub ebook, but then there is just no response to any touchscreen, buttons, power-button. The screen continues to display the resumed page.

I have tried inserting a paper-clip in the reset hole and then slide the power-button, but there is no response.

I tried connecting to the PC but the device does not show up as connected on the PC at all.

I also tried plugging it to the AC wall charger but there is no red-light coming on either.

Please help. Its 12 hours now with no change at all.

For your info, the reader was in an air-conditioned room overnight and then about 5 hours had passed (with the weather here is about 36degCelsius) before I tried to resume reading and faced the above issue. Could it be a condensation issue? How can I resolve it ? Any ideas anyone?

Shaleen
Shaleen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Shaleen77
Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Shaleen77 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS 650
Hello All

I'm happy to post a positive solution to my above problem. Hope it helps someone else too, if in a similar predicament.

I let the reader be in warm dry place for 48hours to overcome any condensation issues (if any).

I then connected my Reader to the AC power adapter. There was no light indication initially. But after about 6minutes, the red light came on (indicating that charging was indeed being done). The screen continued to show the frozen-page. After about half-hour of charging, I slid the power button, which brought on the opening screen and consequently the Home screen (with battery charging indicator). I shut off the Reader completely through Settings etc. I continued charging for about 4.5 hours. Now my Reader is thankfully back as usual.

So it looks as if the Reader discharged because of the cold AC room (although the battery showed 2 bars on the frozen screen).

Shaleen
Shaleen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Glad to see your problem is solved
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote