Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
New Firmware, English, US market, issued March 15, 2010

The newest firmware versions for 301 and 360, issued on March 15, 2010 could be downloaded from here:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Both PB360 links seem to point to the same file:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uploads/W101.14.2.rar
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
Both PB360 links seem to point to the same file:

How is this the lastest tho?

Im currently using d101.15.1

downloaded from the sticky up top if i remember correctly
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #4
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
How is this the lastest tho?

Im currently using d101.15.1

downloaded from the sticky up top if i remember correctly
It doesn't appear to be the latest and I don't think the link on the PB site is correct either.

The link that looks like it should be 15.1
Code:
Latest TEST firmware upgrade for PB 360 (US, English) - 15mar2010_360_us_ws_v15_1
actually points to 14.2.
Code:
But I think 15.1 was the firmware that was causing lockup issues for some users (which might be why the link points to 14.2), so I'm confused about the purpose of the thread. Maybe a new > 15.1 version will soon be released, but the links on the site haven't been updated?
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 10-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
You have to open DRMd epubs with Adobe.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Could anyone fix the links? The version appeared before is the former one.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
You have to open DRMd epubs with Adobe.
How do I do this? There is no option to open with Adobe.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Do you have installed some "extension.cfg" ?
Otherwise you do can choose the option, with holding the center button over the book. It will open a menu where you can choose "open with". Here you have to choose Adobe (normaly it is the default reader!).
Did you transfer the books with adobe digital edition ?
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Do you have installed some "extension.cfg" ?
Otherwise you do can choose the option, with holding the center button over the book. It will open a menu where you can choose "open with". Here you have to choose Adobe (normaly it is the default reader!).
Did you transfer the books with adobe digital edition ?
You totally lost me. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.The book is downloaded to my ADE library and my device shows up on it but will not allow me to move file to my PB360. I did the firmware upgrade to 15.1 and now I have the option of choosing what to open book with, but when i try it says device not registered then another screeen comes up saying file corrupted or has DRM.
I have also been researching how to remove the DRM off Epub but I'm just not that smart. I already downloaded what I needed for this but have not the slightest idea of how to put it to use.

And I was so enjoying reading on my PB360.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Concerning the firmware version issue: 14.2 is not the latest firmware, 15.1 is. HOWEVER: 15.1 is currently not very stable. As a result of this problem, we currently advise to use 14.2. There will be a new, stable version out during this week and we will let you know about this as soon as possible.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoreadalot View Post
You totally lost me. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.The book is downloaded to my ADE library and my device shows up on it but will not allow me to move file to my PB360. I did the firmware upgrade to 15.1 and now I have the option of choosing what to open book with, but when i try it says device not registered then another screeen comes up saying file corrupted or has DRM.
I have also been researching how to remove the DRM off Epub but I'm just not that smart. I already downloaded what I needed for this but have not the slightest idea of how to put it to use.

And I was so enjoying reading on my PB360.
It sounds as if your PB is not registered in ADE. Try to connect it to your PC and then start ADE. It's then supposed to recognise the device and ask you if you want to register it. After the PB is registered, you should be able to move books to the PB and open them with Adobe.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote